Just washed and waxed the Z.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
And damned if it don't look good! :oops:

It's the first time I waxed her, and it really makes a difference...does it help keep it cleaner too? (It's been over twenty years since I waxed a car. :oops: )

One of the other boards I sometimes frequent likes to use a series of icons that I'd expect you to have in your arsenal somewhere, and that seems fitting for this thread. It spells out "THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES". :p

Sorry, I just ran out and snapped one since y'all made me feel bad:

CleanZ.jpg

geo said:
How can you feel bad with that in the driveway?
By being overwhelmed by my kids/puppies/wife the last few days and having no time to appreciate it. :?

But I ain't bitching, it's been a bad run of days but they're behind me now and everyone is home/safe/happy settled in for the evening and my day is dang near over.....I'm seeing that light at the end of a looong tunnel finally. 8)

Oh, and my wife loves how her car looks. :) The only downside is my Pathfinder is filthy and REALLY looks it parked behind the Z....that'll be tomorrows project.

I hope you don't wash your cars on the driveway... They attract a lot of oils and heavy metal-laden grime and other pollutants that really shouldn't go down the city drains; the water purification plants aren't equipped to handle crap like that.

Guden Oden said:
I hope you don't wash your cars on the driveway... They attract a lot of oils and heavy metal-laden grime and other pollutants that really shouldn't go down the city drains; the water purification plants aren't equipped to handle crap like that.
Well I can't park on my lawn anymore, I was officially warned by the town inspector that they'll ticket me if I do it again. :?

Also, I'm pretty sure when it rains on my driveway the same thing happens....

I got home from dropping the kids off and immedietely grabbed me bucket & cleaning gear and washed/shammied the Z real quick, too much dust and water droplets.

It blew my wife's mind in a good way, she had a doctor's appt this morning and she had a huge grin when she saw her shiny car. :)

(I think I'm gonna keep bumping this thread everytime I wash it for a while, just to see how often I do. ;) )

nice car :)
how much does one car like that cost in the usa actually?
i have a feeling most cars are more expensive in europe

lol... yeah over here a 350z is Ă‚ÂŁ30k ish

that good old $1 = Ă‚ÂŁ1 again.

nice car matey - i drove a friend's one once, they are pretty pokey!

geo said:
One of the other boards I sometimes frequent likes to use a series of icons that I'd expect you to have in your arsenal somewhere, and that seems fitting for this thread. It spells out "THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICTURES". :p

You mean this one??

needpics.gif

Anyways .. DW .. the bird just crapped on the car man. ;)

US

hey69 said:
how much does one car like that cost in the usa actually?
Yeah, Russ was bang-on...I think ours was $31,500 total for the 2004 Performance model. ("Performance" is an actual model designation; it just means it has the better posi-traction rear-end, better brakes, sway bars, and tire pressure gauges along with 18" wheels rather than the low-end 17")

You can get 'em for about 28k or as high as 35k. It kind of struck me as weird at the Nissan dealer actually, it seemed like all their cars/trucks (with the exception of the Tercel, they're low-end little car) were around the same price....everything cost about $30k there.

I think that's why we ended up with the Z, it was actually about $500 less than our mini-van had costed.

On a happier note I had a guy at the light the other day ask me to settle an argument between him and his wife about how much it cost; he thought it was at least $70k and his wife thought it was less. (Made me feel good though!)

digitalwanderer said:
On a happier note I had a guy at the light the other day ask me to settle an argument between him and his wife about how much it cost; he thought it was at least $70k and his wife thought it was less. (Made me feel good though!)

Smuck :D hehe j/k

You guys are so lucky. In SA, that car is worth over $58 000 brand new. We get ripped off with everything.

http://www.autoworld.co.za/search/n...anual&minprice=64700&maxprice=1075245

R385000 / R6.60(per $1) = 58,333

The 350Z roadster (no roof) is worth R425000
http://www.cartoday.com/content/new_car/gallery/gallery1.asp?id=304

Bloody rip-offs

US

The Roadster was $2k more for us, and it was just out of our price range. :(

We probably could have swung it, but I'd have probably had to have gotten rid of one of my internet connections and lived skinny for a while...but I ain't got no regrets. :)

2k difference on a 31k car? WHYYYYYYYYyyyyyy!

i had a mercedes convertible and driving in the open is well, worth the money if you can afford it
to bad i had to sell it (cause i maried... :( )

thats actually very cheap! thats like what.. 25000euro! (well not cheap as in cheap but compared to other cars etc... you get my point ;) )

have fun with it!

hey69 said:
thats actually very cheap! thats like what.. 25000euro! (well not cheap as in cheap but compared to other cars etc... you get my point ;) )
Yes I do and that's pretty much what sold us on the Z. Every other car we were thinking about cost about the same and the only big advantages they had were backseats.

So we said "the heck with it" and decided to try getting a car that we really liked that looked like a blast to drive instead of being practical, and we haven't regretted it yet. (Then again, I still got my Pathfinder which covers most 'practical' situations that might arise. ;) )

Back