It's 2007, can someone make more information on Silent Hill 5 appear, please?

cthellis42

Hoopy Frood
Legend
Watched the movie yesterday (in HD, no less!), and feel the soulfire burning for the next iteration. Has there seriously been no information released since the summer... where there was basically no info released? :cry:

Not quite news on Silent Hill 5, but Silent Hill 2 (movie) has been confirmed. :smile:

After the huge disappointment that is SH4, I've been waiting for news on SH5 with mixed feelings. But after seeing how Resident Evil series was given a facelift with great results I'm beginning to have hopes for Silent Hill series' next iteration, again. Then again, after such lengthy time without news I'm beginning the fear it's been silently canned.

SH4 was disapointing because it was not supposed to be a silent hill game, they called it SH4 to sell more copies I guess.
I hope SH5 will be as good as was SH2.

I agree. I even vouch for a remastering of the original on either PC or a next gen console.

A man can dream...

I agree. I even vouch for a remastering of the original on either PC or a next gen console.

A man can dream...

Oh a remake of the first 3 Silent Hill's on new hardware, using all the eye candy that's possible now..... i can't even explain how that makes me tigle inside.... Seriously this really is the kind of game where detail can be cranked up to the ceiling to show what amazing things can be done on latest hardware that couldn't be done before...

Silent Hill is definitely one of the very few games i am actually really looking forward to see on new consoles, and if it becomes exclusive of one console, then that console will be the one i will ultimately buy.

Oh a remake of the first 3 Silent Hill's on new hardware, using all the eye candy that's possible now..... i can't even explain how that makes me tigle inside.... Seriously this really is the kind of game where detail can be cranked up to the ceiling to show what amazing things can be done on latest hardware that couldn't be done before...

Silent Hill is definitely one of the very few games i am actually really looking forward to see on new consoles, and if it becomes exclusive of one console, then that console will be the one i will ultimately buy.

Great minds think alike. Indeed the mere thought is grand. Heh, it's funny when you take into consideration the gross name brand reliance that takes place in the world of gaming. I myself just purchased an Xbox 360 a week ago soley for Fable 2. Sure there are also plenty of legendary games that I'll surely purchase, but my deciding factor can be easily pinpointed.

Remaking the original SH would be phenomenal with usage of today's technology. Think about the fog, lighting and shadows all remastered with the latest technology.

Not quite news on Silent Hill 5, but Silent Hill 2 (movie) has been confirmed. :smile:
Ah well, I'll take what good news comes down the pipe! ^_^ In many ways, the movie handled things better than the plotting in the original. (And the atmosphere and vision was not really compromised.) The only part I really didn't like was the "you got to the end room! Here's what happened..." exposition; it should have been spread across more visions/clues/comments earlier so there wouldn't have to be as much revelation done there in that fashion. It just felt too silly and thrown-together-at-the-last-minute-because-we're-going-over-budget or something.

Still, it was enough for my friend (watching it for the first time) and I to go "are they remaking the first game yet?!!" and then pop in SH3 to drool over again and reminisce.

Here's hoping they're still working on getting SH 0rigins out and out well, but at the same time working behind the scenes to knock us keister-wise with SH5. ;)

Some info about the next Silent Hill game:

http://silenthill5.net/
Japanese Magazine Famitsu interview Akira Yamaoka on Silent Hill 5
Akira Yamaoka was recently interviewed by Japanese Magazine Famitsu. The interview asked main about Silent Hill 5 and Silent Hill: Origins. I dont have the scan but here is the interview roughly (badly) translated:

FM: Hello Akira Yamaoka and thank you for reporting to us on Silent Hill series. Our number one question is that on Silent Hill 5. How far has the production come along as it was announced a few years ago.

Akira: I cannot say much about the development of the game but i can say we are working on a new unique idea of fear in daylight and the game will play like Silent Hill 2's psychological roots.

FM: As the famous silent hill composer, will you be doing the music for Silent Hill 5?

Akira: I will be composing the music which has started being made now, but I'm a far from finished. I cannot say anything about the music or the type im making but i can say that fans of the previous soundtracks should be pleased with its outcome.

FM: Alot of speculation has been made about the platform the game will play on, which can we expect?

Akira: We cannot say yet but we are hoping to carry on the plans of the earlier Silent Hill platforms.

FM: You earlier mentioned the concept of "scary daytime" can you expand on that?

Akira: Its a hard idea to explain, but you really have to look at the scene to understand. In a way like the Resident Evil 5 trailer where it was not the middle of the night and the vision was clear but the fear was still there. It will not be the same but that is an explanation of the idea of having fear in daylight. It is a concept that we are working on at the moment still.

FM: We have missed the Tokyo Game show chance to see Silent Hill 5 trailer, will we see any new informations on it next?

Akira: I cannot say when or where we will make the idea public but it is in production.

FM: Silent Hill for Playstation portable is on the schedule for opening in Q1 2007 has team silent been taking up time working on the portable project which is why we do not see silent hill 5 in the public?

Akira: Team Silent are working on the Japan project and are not involved in Silent Hill: Origins. I have composed the 15 musical, 4 vocal tracks for the game which is now completed.

FM: Thank you for this interview Akira Yamaoka, we cannot wait to speak again.

I particularly like that the series will be going back to Silent Hill 2's direction.

Me2

This is one of my most beloved series. Its the only horror videogame I see like an actual work of art. Cant wait :D

Didnt play Shadow of Memories but I ve heard about it though :)

It was released about a year before Silent Hill 2, IIRC. Graphically it's nowhere near as good, but the story and the concept are amazing. I think there was some of the Silent Hill Team involved in the game.

It was released about a year before Silent Hill 2, IIRC. Graphically it's nowhere near as good, but the story and the concept are amazing. I think there was some of the Silent Hill Team involved in the game.

Yep I certaintly remember that one. I found the concept very interesting. But it seems it didnt get the popularity it deserved because it was nowhere to be found when I got my PS2 in 2002. I never saw it in person.

But it seems it didnt get the popularity it deserved because it was nowhere to be found when I got my PS2 in 2002. I never saw it in person.

Its unpopularity might have something to do with there being no weapons or battle in the game. ;)

Its unpopularity might have something to do with there being no weapons or battle in the game. ;)

Bleh I hate it when people seek nothing but action and killing from games. PC gaming changed drastically too due to that trend. I remember the countless click and play adventure games that had a character and soul of their own back in the 90s. Probably the most memorable PC games were these. No guns, no killing. They were great adventures like Sam and Max, Neverhood and the likes which were marvelous. Simple yet unique in their own way. But that genre is almost dead now, replaced by nothing but mindless killing. Shadow of Destiny is another victim of that trend it seems :devilish:

Bleh I hate it when people seek nothing but action and killing from games. PC gaming changed drastically too due to that trend. I remember the countless click and play adventure games that had a character and soul of their own back in the 90s. Probably the most memorable PC games were these. No guns, no killing. They were great adventures like Sam and Max, Neverhood and the likes which were marvelous. Simple yet unique in their own way. But that genre is almost dead now, replaced by nothing but mindless killing. Shadow of Destiny is another victim of that trend it seems :devilish:

Well, not enough people buy these kinds of games it seems, otherwise Fahrenheit and Dreamfall would have sold way better than they did.

Just like nesh in the same manner, I also enjoyed these puzzle/adventure games that had more than just weapons and killing this and that. Its sad that theres not as many of these games out as there was back then :cry:

Oh a remake of the first 3 Silent Hill's on new hardware, using all the eye candy that's possible now..... i can't even explain how that makes me tigle inside....

I wonder how SH2 PC with a modern video card looks these days... obviously not gonna be massively better but high res, AF, and 60fps is tempting...

Back