Is Vista design from the ground up for Multithreaded apps like BeOS?

Ingenu said:
You're obviously not talking about the BeOS or never used it on compatible hardware.
I've used both Windows and the BeOS for years, and there's not doubt to me that BeOS is far more user friendly (per application sound volume), easy to setup (NAT in 3 clicks), and if you ever go into a Terminal, it's because *you want to*.

Mimetype instead of lame extension checking; installing the BeOS is easy and straightforward, you can even install it from a HDD to another; you don't need to reboot after having installed a driver; you select what app open what format, or choose from a list (that was in 8 years ago, long before windows copied it from the BeOS); you have many desktops each at own resolution & refresh rate with own wallpaper, accessing with CTRL + Fx (and that long before Linux); files have attributes which can be whatever you want and are queriable; journalized 64bit file system (never lost data); and so on and so forth...

Those are just the features that came straight to my mind, but we are WAY OFF TOPIC ALREADY, so let's stop here.
I agree that having to reboot for things in windows is lame, but an idiot could run windows.
You sit someone who's never used a computer and I guarantee he'll have a far easier time using winblows.

radeonic2 said:
I agree that having to reboot for things in windows is lame, but an idiot could run windows.
You sit someone who's never used a computer and I guarantee he'll have a far easier time using winblows.

Not in a hundred years. BeOS is as perfect as it gets UI-wise.

Back