Is it possible that Halo3 is already done?

rtt

Newcomer
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this from a chinese gaming forum:

http://www.team360.cn/viewthread.ph...&extra=page=1

They said that MS has finished the development of Halo 3 8 months ago, and will keep it secret till PS3 launch. They did this so early because they do not want to rush just before PS3 is released. And also they said that today to develop a game you don't need a real finial version console.

Can I trust this news? 8 months ago they don't even have the beta-dev-kit, how could they finish the development of a game? And even with things like XNA, is it possible to develop a game totally without touching the console? How far can a 360 game developer go with XNA or UE3 only on PC ?

Thanks.

And finally, let's say yes they can do it, but what is point to finish it 8 months ago? isn't it too early?

I give the possibility that Halo3 was done 8 months ago...zero.

The possibility that it's actually "completely done" now...1%

The possibility that it's "mostly done", just in the polishing phase: 5%

The possibility that it's in a late stage of development, but months away from being final...95%.

Firsty of all, who is they? Who said it was done already? Secondly, it could be possible that a large portion of the developing is done. There can be a lot of development completed without ever even touching a computer. Of course, they do not need a beta kit to do development. A lot of things such a art assets can be completed, and coding can still be done. The beta kit however helps out a lot and especially the final system, to see how your developed game runs on the actual hardware. I agree with Joe 100% on this though :D. I doubt they consider it to be GOLD yet. Though I would love it if they had 8 months to tweak the game.

Lastly, does anyone know how long they have been working on Halo 3. Meaning not when they were in the thinking and concept stages but in the actual developing stages.

Depending from which part of the game you are talking if it is the story I can belive, in fact they probably just cut it in half one to H2 and the othr to H3, anyway if they want to lauch it against a undetermined data they shloud be somewhat advanced in art terms IMO.

Well, Halo 3 probably is very far along in development, because they had most of it done when they did Halo 2.

Remember how they had to completely scrap the engine for Halo 2 because it was too intensive and the Xbox couldn't run it? So they already had their "next gen" engine developed. The story was probably completed at the same time as Halo 2, thus the "cutting" of Halo 2.

So the story they had done at the time of Halo 2. The engine they had done (or mostly) before Halo 2 was completed.

So I'd say it's very possible that Halo 3 was actually nearly completed a few months after Halo 2 was released. It's probably completed now, or mostly so. And if it were, MS certainly wouldn't make it a launch title.. they'll save it for the PS3.

Wouldn't Bungie (and MS) want to optimise the Halo 3 game engine for 360 hardware? I mean, if ever there was a title that they would want to showcase the power/features of 360 hardware, Halo 3 would be it. No?

I don't see them ever being done with it .

If they want to release it nov 18 of 2006 . Then they will work on it till nov 8th of 2006 .

The question is how much work they need to do , how big the team is and how great the graphics and gameplay will be .

I don't expect it till the end of 2006 or early 2007

3roxor said:
Bill gates doesn't agree with you.

And Bill Gates is stupid too if he releases this game in 2006. Forget the PS3 launch they need to release the game side by side with the movie in 2007. I didn't even consider buying a Xbox, but you can bet I will go see the Halo movie.

Assuming that PS3 launches worldwide within 6 months? :p Actually, I haven't been keeping up with the latest buzz... is it likely they'd launch similarly to the way PS2 launched? Because then it might be possible to launch halo 3 when the "ps3 launches" ;) Just maybe not at the initial launch :p

mckmas8808 said:
And Bill Gates is stupid too if he releases this game in 2006. Forget the PS3 launch they need to release the game side by side with the movie in 2007. I didn't even consider buying a Xbox, but you can bet I will go see the Halo movie.
lol. Halo the game will drive Halo the Movie, not the other way around. In other words, the movie will have almost no impact on the sales of the game, but the sales of the game will have a HUGE impact on the movie.

It doesn't matter when they come out, the game will sell prety much the same amount of copies, and launching a jaw-dropping next gen Halo while PS3's are out of stock across the country with X-mas looming, and a $200 core perhaps, would hardly be 'stupid'

scooby_dooby said:
lol. Halo the game will drive Halo the Movie, not the other way around. In other words, the movie will have almost no impact on the sales of the game, but the sales of the game will have a HUGE impact on the movie.

It doesn't matter when they come out, the game will sell prety much the same amount of copies, and launching a jaw-dropping next gen Halo while PS3's are out of stock across the country with X-mas looming, and a $200 core perhaps, would hardly be 'stupid'

Dude...If the Halo movie is good then it will drive more Halo game sales. Clearly Halo the movie is a part of marketing tool to the mass market.

..and if the game sucks then what?

Lastly, you are assuming too much with your statements here.....

It is not certain that the Halo game will sell the same amount of copies.

You are assuming that PS3 will be out of stock for xmas and that they will release around the same time frame.

oh and also you theory about the $200 dollar X360 core.

I dunno , I think game sales for halo are pretty much at thier cap. I don't think they can really sell much more for a single platform game . So i don't really see many people picking up the game .

But i do agree that they will alunch around the same time . Most likely with in 6 months of each other with the game hitting before the holiday season

not possible that Halo 3 was done 8 months ago, or even now.

Halo 3 must be deep into development by now, but has a ways to go. it'll be among the 2nd or 3rd generation of Xbox 360 games, and will have been built from the ground up on final Xbox 360 hardware. or at least that's what I imagine.

Back