Is it possible that Halo3 is already done?

If they were finished with Halo 3 and were sitting on it, MS would be the dumbest company in the world. MS needs to seriously try to make their game look every bit as good as the KZ video. The physics need to be out of this world. And I personally think it will.

Disclaimer: I know that we don't know if KZ will offically look like the video, but there are too many people wanting what they seen at E3. I think the Xbox 360 and Bungie can do it.

So ms has to make halo 3 look like a cgi video ?

No I think not .

All ms has to do is make halo 3 look as good as possible. Then when a ps3 killzone is finally shown they will not even live up to the killzone video .

So its a moot point

rtt said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw this from a chinese gaming forum:

http://www.team360.cn/viewthread.ph...&extra=page=1

They said that MS has finished the development of Halo 3 8 months ago, and will keep it secret till PS3 launch. They did this so early because they do not want to rush just before PS3 is released. And also they said that today to develop a game you don't need a real finial version console.

Can I trust this news? 8 months ago they don't even have the beta-dev-kit, how could they finish the development of a game? And even with things like XNA, is it possible to develop a game totally without touching the console? How far can a 360 game developer go with XNA or UE3 only on PC ?

Thanks.

And finally, let's say yes they can do it, but what is point to finish it 8 months ago? isn't it too early?

While anything is possible I find it extremly unlikely that this is the case.

jvd said:
So i don't really see many people picking up the game .

Excuse me??, but what the hell are you saying?, are you saying that Halo 3 won't be a multi million seller, if you are, you are mistaken.

Dr Evil said:
Excuse me??, but what the hell are you saying?, are you saying that Halo 3 won't be a multi million seller, if you are, you are mistaken.

I meant that sales wont be affected by the movie . Many people seeing the movie that aren't halo fans already wont be running out to buy one

Mythos said:
Dude...If the Halo movie is good then it will drive more Halo game sales. Clearly Halo the movie is a part of marketing tool to the mass market.

..and if the game sucks then what?

Lastly, you are assuming too much with your statements here.....

It is not certain that the Halo game will sell the same amount of copies.

You are assuming that PS3 will be out of stock for xmas and that they will release around the same time frame.

oh and also you theory about the $200 dollar X360 core.

Dude, the game does not need any movie to increase it's sales, and it would be stupid to hold off on launching a game just to coincide with a movie release. This isn' king-king, this is halo XBOX's #1 franchise. It doesn't need some cheeseball movie-tie in cross promotion crap.

As for PS3 being sold out in the US next X-mas? haha, you wanna bet some mony that it isn't? I'll take that bet! If it launches next year in the US it will be near the end of the year, there will be shortages like there has been for x360.

$200 core? Just a possibility, I was just pointing out that MS will have a good deal(be it $200 or $250 whatever) ready and waiting on store shelves, with Halo 3 as a teaser they could potentially pull away many dissapointed PS consumer who is unable to find their console, and is sitting with cash in pocket.

I don't think the game and movie releasing simulatneously would work because isn't the movie supposed to take place before Halo 2?

bouy said:
I don't think the game and movie releasing simulatneously would work because isn't the movie supposed to take place before Halo 2?
what stops the game from happing before halo 2 though ?

Who knows how they will tell the story

Only The Shadow knows...

scooby_dooby said:
As for PS3 being sold out in the US next X-mas? haha, you wanna bet some mony that it isn't? I'll take that bet! If it launches next year in the US it will be near the end of the year, there will be shortages like there has been for x360.

define sold out... technically, if there are shortages ala 360, then everything in stores has been sold...out.

:?:

scooby_dooby said:

depends on the timing. if sony launches in the US many months after say a japan launch, they have a lot of time to build up production; considering they wont have to short the supply due to a worldwide launch. im not saying anyone and everyone will be able to buy a ps3 if they do so, but i dont think it will come to people crying about getting kicked off pre-order slots.

but me? im hoping for a worldwide SPRING launch :D sooner i get my ps3 the better.
can i get a amen? lol

they had plenty of supply problems with the US launch of PS2, so why would this be any different?

If PS3 is not sold out next x-mas it would basically be a failure, it will be sold out.

scooby_dooby said:
they had plenty of supply problems with the US launch of PS2, so why would this be any different?

My memory may be fuzzy, but I dont recall people getting their pre-orders dropped for the ps2.

scooby_dooby said:
If PS3 is not sold out next x-mas it would basically be a failure, it will be sold out.
Im not saying this wont happen, im just saying i dont think it will be as worse IF sony chooses not to do a worldwide launch. Its pretty simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
So instead of filling 20% of the need like MS, they might fill 35%, still gonna be shortages and is irrelevant to the point I was making.

Dr Evil said:

There is another point to his statement. Because Halo 3 is going to be released on a new platform, it can't tap as many gamers as it did when Halo2 came out on the original Xbox.

If they release Halo 3 in the next 6 months they won't be able to sell as many copies because the installed base of 360 users will be low. Bungie should just take their time get get it all right. In the mean time the 360 user base will grow adding to the potential buyers of Halo 3.

drpepper said:
There is another point to his statement. Because Halo 3 is going to be released on a new platform, it can't tap as many gamers as it did when Halo2 came out on the original Xbox.

If they release Halo 3 in the next 6 months they won't be able to sell as many copies because the installed base of 360 users will be low. Bungie should just take their time get get it all right. In the mean time the 360 user base will grow adding to the potential buyers of Halo 3.

And do all of this along with the possible 100 million dollar movie coming out. It's not rocket science guys come on.

mckmas8808 said:
And do all of this along with the possible 100 million dollar movie coming out. It's not rocket science guys come on.

I find the idea that people are going to watch a Halo movie not already having played a Halo game highly suspect.

I find the idea that people are going to buy Halo 3 without already having played Halo and/or Halo2 highly suspect.

In short, the franchise already exists, it is already established. It is almost entirely responsible for selling an entire console. The game sold the Xbox, the game will sell the movie. Not the other way around.

Halo 3 isn't coming out to sell the movie. Halo 3 is coming out to sell the X360. And it's coming out to sell the X360 particularly to people who will be able to pick up the X360 and Halo 3 for the same price as the PS3.

That's the plan. The movie has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Nobody who isn't already a Halo fan will be wanting to see the movie. And the movie isn't going to convince anybody who isn't already a Halo fan to go out and buy a X360 and Halo 3.

Like someone else said earlier, this isn't King Kong. This is more like Doom.

Think Doom (the movie) inspired a significant amount of DoomIII purchases? Of course not.

mckmas8808 said:

What's not rocket science is the fact that Halo 2 without any movie, became the #1 best selling game EVER on it's first day. EVER!

They don't need to tie in with anything, and it would not be a compelling reason to delay the game to match up with the movie.

IMO, that would be seen as total cheese by most Halo fans, we don't need no stinkin movie, just give us the sequal to one of th most popular video games ever made...thx.

Back