Inside the development of Halo Infinite article by Bloomberg

All the additional content can be added back in as time goes on. I doubt this is a 10 year title but even if its only a 5 year they can support it and have content drops every x amount of months. Also performance should only go up over time if they keep a small team dedicated to maintaining and updating the engine on the game

Eurogamer referencing a paywalled Bloomberg article, the size of Infinite's open world reduced by 2/3rds from the 2019 plans.

It repeats some of the engine woes and contractor issues that were doing the rounds a while back.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...e-originally-had-a-vast-zelda-like-open-world

Its destiny all over again. So I suspect just like destiny, players will be able to find a bunch of cut contents in the game.

Any idea whether cheating in the campaign is going to get be banned or not? Using free fly or noclip cheat would be really helpful to look for cut contents. So no need to find a way to glitch out of the game confines.

Edit : I guess I can create a 2nd throwaway Xbox account to use with cheats

It's a common theme for developers to show impressive open world games then scale them back. Alan Wake looked originally so much more impressive than what it ended up as.

Personally, I'm glad it's not a "true" open world game. That was my greatest fear going into it as even the best open world games, I'm unlikely to ever finish. For example, I still haven't finished a Witcher game despite trying 10's of times over the years. And it isn't that they are bad games, I loved playing them, but their open world nature just eventually turns me off. Same reason why I'd rather watch someone play HZD than actually play it. At least then I can just focus on the story when it comes up versus the open world stuff which I don't really care about.

The only time open world games work for me is when there's 10's or 100's of other players in the world that I randomly run across or party with regularly, etc. IE - MMOs.

So, two things I hope for from 343 WRT to Halo: Infinite if I end up really liking it (good so far). First, I hope they iron out the development issues they've had while creating the game. Just because it's not fully "open world" doesn't mean it can't be larger. Second, I hope they keep this format of semi-open world. It's a nice compromise between a somewhat focused storyline and exploration without exploration ending up feeling tiresome and being more of a burden/chore than fun.

Regards,
SB

Personally, I'm glad it's not a "true" open world game. That was my greatest fear going into it as even the best open world games, I'm unlikely to ever finish. For example, I still haven't finished a Witcher game despite trying 10's of times over the years. And it isn't that they are bad games, I loved playing them, but their open world nature just eventually turns me off. Same reason why I'd rather watch someone play HZD than actually play it. At least then I can just focus on the story when it comes up versus the open world stuff which I don't really care about.

The only time open world games work for me is when there's 10's or 100's of other players in the world that I randomly run across or party with regularly, etc. IE - MMOs.

So, two things I hope for from 343 WRT to Halo: Infinite if I end up really liking it (good so far). First, I hope they iron out the development issues they've had while creating the game. Just because it's not fully "open world" doesn't mean it can't be larger. Second, I hope they keep this format of semi-open world. It's a nice compromise between a somewhat focused storyline and exploration without exploration ending up feeling tiresome and being more of a burden/chore than fun.

Regards,
SB

To me an open world game with tons of stuff are not meant to be finished. So I like to explore and find stuff. Cyberpunk is quite good at this as there are a bunch of stuff not marked on the map.

But halo infinite seems have everything marked on the map. I guess I'll try exploring the out of map locations assuming I managed to get noclip/free fly/anti forbidden zone working or someone has made a cheat for those.

As I hasn't managed to break out of the play space at all. Everything seems so solid. With Destiny, there's some kind of a "look" that usually have holes in the map/arena.

It's a common theme for developers to show impressive open world games then scale them back. Alan Wake looked originally so much more impressive than what it ended up as.

It always facinating to me how much of that is due to running into technical problems and how much is due to running into design issues.

Or budget. I'm sure at least half of SC's budget hasn't gone to fund Chris Robert's gold mansion, given the scale of the game.

Actually supposedly Infinite has had a budget of $500 million which would put it above even SC, at least currently.

Last edited:
There was only the german podcast with the $500m rumour while no one else knew something and 343 debunked it.

To me an open world game with tons of stuff are not meant to be finished. So I like to explore and find stuff. Cyberpunk is quite good at this as there are a bunch of stuff not marked on the map.

But halo infinite seems have everything marked on the map. I guess I'll try exploring the out of map locations assuming I managed to get noclip/free fly/anti forbidden zone working or someone has made a cheat for those.

As I hasn't managed to break out of the play space at all. Everything seems so solid. With Destiny, there's some kind of a "look" that usually have holes in the map/arena.

Not everything gets revealed on the map when you take over the FOBs. Skulls and Audio Logs aren't marked on the maps. The second one is driving me nuts since there's one audio log I can't find on island 1 but since they don't get marked, I'm not sure where to look. Basically I can't remember where I already found the ones I have.

I'm also impressed with the maps so far. Everything is explorable. There're no invisible walls. There's no invisible ceiling. If you can see it, you can generally get to it with enough effort. Instead of invisible walls the game is set in a section of the ring which is either not finished or has been damaged. So if you go out of the play area, you basically fall into space and die. :p Although I haven't gotten a flying vehicle yet, so maybe there's an invisible ceiling for flying vehicles, will see eventually.

Regards,
SB

The second one is driving me nuts since there's one audio log I can't find on island 1 but since they don't get marked, I'm not sure where to look. Basically I can't remember where I already found the ones I have.

If you select the larger Tactical points on the map (FOB or Events), they have a count of what is nearby and how many you have collected for the various collectibles. In the area from the preview with the salvage yard, one audio log is on ground deeper into a ravine and the second is on top of a hill you have to grapple up to.

I discovered those by playing ABS - always be scanning and moving around to see if the audio cue got louder or softer and when I couldn't see if I knew I had to level change.

If you select the larger Tactical points on the map (FOB or Events), they have a count of what is nearby and how many you have collected for the various collectibles. In the area from the preview with the salvage yard, one audio log is on ground deeper into a ravine and the second is on top of a hill you have to grapple up to.

I discovered those by playing ABS - always be scanning and moving around to see if the audio cue got louder or softer and when I couldn't see if I knew I had to level change.

Yeah, but it doesn't mark the locations. So I have 11 out of 12 audio logs for island one (the one with The Tower). It can be anywhere on that island from up north by The Tower all the way to the south where the island ends in space. It could be on top of a mountain or in a cave. The audio cues help out initially, but once you're down to one audio log and if you can't remember where you found the other ones, it's going to be a tedious process going over the entire island again.

I like that it doesn't mark the location of unfound audio logs, but I would love it if it would mark the location of ones that I've already found.

Regards,
SB

Yeah, but it doesn't mark the locations. So I have 11 out of 12 audio logs for island one (the one with The Tower). It can be anywhere on that island from up north by The Tower all the way to the south where the island ends in space. It could be on top of a mountain or in a cave. The audio cues help out initially, but once you're down to one audio log and if you can't remember where you found the other ones, it's going to be a tedious process going over the entire island again.

I like that it doesn't mark the location of unfound audio logs, but I would love it if it would mark the location of ones that I've already found.

Regards,
SB

There are sub sections. That's what I'm saying should help you out with. Hilight the key areas like FOBs or Events and you will see on the upper left of the screen a breakout for that smaller subsection.

For instance, with "Ransom Keep" highlighted you will see x/02 Audio Banished, x/01 Cores, x/02 Audio UNSC.
With FOB Foxtrot you will see x/01 Audio UNSC
With FOB Golf you will see x/01 Audio UNSC.

Back