inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

Oh. Really?? I just ran around until they bolt, then end up running after them and shoot them down. All of them. So annoying. DOH!
After the first one, when all I had was smoke powers, I decided I wasn't doing that chasing thing. I was a lazy hero.

Oh! Didn't even see there was a difficulty setting.... Guess I'll have to play it again some time soon then!
Yeah, it always starts the name at 'Normal' difficulty so when you start, go into Options and change the difficulty to 'Expert'. You have to complete the game without further changing the difficulty. As DrJay24 says, it's much easier as evil play through!

Yeah, it always starts the name at 'Normal' difficulty so when you start, go into Options and change the difficulty to 'Expert'. You have to complete the game without further changing the difficulty. As DrJay24 says, it's much easier as evil play through!

Or I could just RDFM and realise than I'm missing a couple of trophies on top of that one, and I need them to get platinum. Mega DOH!

Or I could just RDFM and realise than I'm missing a couple of trophies on top of that one, and I need them to get platinum. Mega DOH!
Yeah, there's a few I need and not sure how to get. 1) The 170m comet drop - guess I just need to find a high enough building. 2) The Comet Drop on three coughing foes - actually tough to get three grouped together and still be there when the comet drop hits. 3) Staying airborne for 45 seconds (no idea) and 4) Go through two air vents without touching the ground and comet drop on an enemy.

I'll probably tidy those up once I finished my expert evil play through.

Finished this last night, decent game but honestly the visuals IMO are the only thing next gen about it. The missions are all very derivative for anyone familiar with this genre of game. I was pleased with the overall production values, my only gripe would be the menu/options screens - generally felt like an after thought/placeholder and perhaps the main map to a lesser degree.

I'd like to see Suckerpunch do something new in the open world space, maybe a cop character for example and do some of the stuff that GTA4 attempted to do with the love story to bring the character development up a notch. Also more variety in landscapes would be interesting to see.

The story in Infamous SS is decent but it could have gone into more of the story with the other characters to build a stronger attachment. Big moment felt somewhat predicable and I didn't care as much as I would have if there was more leading up to it....

Overall pretty much what I expected it to be and I think the reviews have been fair if not slightly kind.

Finished it yesterday (all blue). First game this gen that kept me on the controller...overall I like it a lot. Story was decent. Gameplay itself and powers are very good and funny.

As already mentioned: side missions are a bit boring, but I still cleared all out and have every part of the city at 0% and all shards.

I winder if it is worth to play through again with the evil path: are the new skills worth it and do they change the gameplay? Is the story really that much different?

my only gripe would be the menu/options screens - generally felt like an after thought/placeholder and perhaps the main map to a lesser degree.

Afterthought how? The DNA power chaining menu? The switching between the menus? I thought the menus were straightforward and very welled handled.

As far as the main map is concerned, it hasn't changed that much from the previous ones.

Afterthought how? The DNA power chaining menu? The switching between the menus? I thought the menus were straightforward and very welled handled.

As far as the main map is concerned, it hasn't changed that much from the previous ones.

Yes the DNA power chain menu was very basic and it was hard to read the instructions on how to activate a power due to text size.

Yeah, there's a few I need and not sure how to get. 1) The 170m comet drop - guess I just need to find a high enough building. 2) The Comet Drop on three coughing foes - actually tough to get three grouped together and still be there when the comet drop hits. 3) Staying airborne for 45 seconds (no idea) and 4) Go through two air vents without touching the ground and comet drop on an enemy.

I'll probably tidy those up once I finished my expert evil play through.

For 1) go to the building
were you fight Augustine at the end of the game
dash in air twice then comet drop on the street.
For 2) it's easier to do in good karma, there are several "drug bust" where 3 or more NPC stand close all the time, very easy to get.
For 3) use
video or concrete
static thrusters at the top of the building I mention above or simply one of the tall buildings, it should come naturally.

For 1) go to the building
were you fight Augustine at the end of the game
dash in air twice then comet drop on the street.
For 2) it's easier to do in good karma, there are several "drug bust" where 3 or more NPC stand close all the time, very easy to get.
For 3) use
video or concrete
static thrusters at the top of the building I mention above or simply one of the tall buildings, it should come naturally.
Thanks, I eventually worked these out and got the platinum this afternoon. I had to do 1 twice.
I thought jumping from the top of the building would be enough and it turns out it isn't and you need use satellite relay to boost upwards - d'oh
For 3 I had overlooked the
hover upgrade
power, but spotted it when reading through them all. The double vent comet drop was undoubtably the hardest - I had real trouble with that. Ironically it was the
kill 10 sign twirlers
trophy that I got last - I just didn't see many of them :D

I also 'misplaced' one of the shards on my evil play through and it took an age to find it so I could fully upgrade my final power. I eventually found it by scouring the map until I found 1 drone reported in an area, then visited all the icons in that area - it appears that drone blips can hidden by an uncompleted side mission icons. Grrr!

Great game but I don't think the good/evil powers felt as distinct as they had in previous games.

The double vent thing is easy when you find out you can use the top vents and you can just launch twice straight up from the same one.

Sign guys and musicians were my last two, they are both rare and get spooked easy.

You guys are using spoiler tags strangely; talking about last power but hiding trophies that don't spoil anything?

The double vent thing is easy when you find out you can use the top vents and you can just launch twice straight up from the same one.
D'oh! I used two wall-mounted vents.

You guys are using spoiler tags strangely; talking about last power but hiding trophies that don't spoil anything?
How is "the final power" a spoiler? Nobody mentioned it by name, nor mentioned which number power it is :???:

How is "the final power" a spoiler? Nobody mentioned it by name, nor mentioned which number power it is :???:
It implies that there exists a final power. Since there obviously also exists a first power, this means that there are only finitely-many powers.

Obviously, the discussion is spoiling the reason that the gameplay is not next-gen.

It implies that there exists a final power. Since there obviously also exists a first power, this means that there are only finitely-many powers.
That's the dumbest thing I've read on these forums in a while.

And I read the sales thread.

Obviously, the discussion is spoiling the reason that the gameplay is not next-gen.

What is next-generation of gameplay? Can you give a descriptive opinion or view how these new mechanics should work?

Because everything so far from the previous generation, is still being used, just with nicer assets. Between XB1 and PS4, there is nothing wowing me in that department, or screams next-gen gameplay.

Wow. That's the most Sheldon-from-Big-Bang-Theory thing I've read on here for years.

Back