inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

I noticed that. At least they didn't have a RRoD jacket.
They've already done the RRoD thing in inFamous 2! Nextgen inFamous requires nextgen digs! ;-)

2011-06-10%20inFamous%202%20Red%20Ring%20Electronics.jpg

Since I am an obsessive shard collector, I had enough shards to juice up neon the moment I got it. The second district has a distinct Sc-fi vibe !
Same, I'm a complete shard whore so each time I got a new power I was able to level up to the max out what was immediately available, or close to it. And without giving too much away, having a bunch of shards comes in handy during the final battle.
I immediately powered up the concrete powers as I picked then up, mid-battle.

Well it's not like collecting the shards is very difficult. They're all on the map, you just have to go get them. And the number of shards matches perfectly the upgrades so unless you have all of them you won't get a maxed out Delsin. Which of course I just had to get before starting all over again in Evil

Started playing it as well yesterday. I love how the game looks, but I'm a little disappointed in how it plays to be honest. I only have smoke power at the moment, and it feels pathetically weak.
Other than that it's an Infamous-ass Infamous game alright. General movement is a lot of fun. Climbing still stinks. And as pretty as the city scape it, it doesn't really feel alive in a way a GTA does. Sound design in particular is extremely weak.
Still a good game, though.

I think the basic pea shooter feels extremely weak, even with 2 upgrades. It's your basic tps pistol-like weapon that doesn't have any real punch. I just wished the main character felt a little more like the super-charged power house he's supposed to be. I always bring up The Darkness2 when it comes to comparisons like that. Jacky feels like a force of nature right from the get-go and gradually eolves into a killing machine over the game's rather short running time. Resistance 3 did a phenomenal job with offensive weaponry as well.

I think the basic pea shooter feels extremely weak, even with 2 upgrades. It's your basic tps pistol-like weapon that doesn't have any real punch.
The R2 shooting is good enough to quickly take out basic enemies but the more powerful enemies will require more powerful attacks, such as the missile equivalents (R1) or the use of the crowd control (L1) powers, along with R2 shooting.

Much will depend on how accurate you are with targeting and how quickly you can pull that trigger of course but if smoke was all powerful, there'd be little need for the other powers which pack a lot more punch :)

Good to know they're there.
Also, does climbing feel more finnicky than in the previous 2 games or is it just me?

Depends on current power-state or level of Karma you are at. You can traverse mostly anything in
neon mode,
and you'll have a sh** load of fun doing it. But to answer your question from a stand point of "hand over hand", it's slightly more finicky or less Spider-Man like than previous games.

Not sure if I encountered a camera related bug or if the game is just overly vague or what.

Last night I made it to the fight on the bridge that opens up the second half of Seattle. After defeating the boss, Augustine encases me in concrete. Then after some verbiage, she looks up goes something like "No!" and suddenly I am floating but with a view that looks like it is maybe my encased knee or an elbow and down (literally all I can see is the city below and a blob of concrete with an implied body part wriggling occasionally). Then suddenly I am dropped on top a building with no explanation of what happened and Delsin seems completely unsurprised by this development.

Is this normal for that boss fight?

If it is not normal, can someone tell me what happened without spoilering anything after that boss fight?

Cheers

Not sure if I encountered a camera related bug or if the game is just overly vague or what.

Last night I made it to the fight on the bridge that opens up the second half of Seattle. After defeating the boss, Augustine encases me in concrete. Then after some verbiage, she looks up goes something like "No!" and suddenly I am floating but with a view that looks like it is maybe my encased knee or an elbow and down (literally all I can see is the city below and a blob of concrete with an implied body part wriggling occasionally). Then suddenly I am dropped on top a building with no explanation of what happened and Delsin seems completely unsurprised by this development.

Is this normal for that boss fight?

If it is not normal, can someone tell me what happened without spoilering anything after that boss fight?

Cheers

That is normal (you're seeing what Delsin sees, I think). You'll better understand what happened (or likely happened) a little later.

I had totally forgotten about that. At the time, I was also very much.. WTF!?! :???:

That scene wasn't set up particularly well. From the look on her face, which meant nothing as it had no emotion, to the strange flying bit. It all makes sense soon after but the scene itself should have been better constructed.

One thing I'm not too happy about (and i'm just about to finish it on Evil too, so i'm freaking loving it) is that the weather and time of day is REALLY set in stone. Each major mission has its own time and weather and that's that.

This is more of an issue when you finish the game and you're allowed to roam freely to collect everything. Here the time of day is bright daytime and the weather is nice. That's it. Forever and ever.

It would have been nice to let the game shift through times and weather conditions, since the engine is definitely capable of it.

Also I get the very strong feeling that the game was made for neon. And smoke too. But the level of pure genius that is clearly showing with the neon power makes the other power look like they spent 5 minuts on them. With some exceptions of course.

Draining neon is basically a piece of art every time. The others just feel a lot less inspired, even though for gaming purposes I prefer the third power to fight, mostly.

It would have been nice to let the game shift through times and weather conditions, since the engine is definitely capable of it.

I thought the previous games did the same? At any rate, they bake the GI for the different environment settings.

I thought the previous games did the same? At any rate, they bake the GI for the different environment settings.

Well they definitely have everything baked already for each enviro setting, for all parts of the city, as it's possible to roam around both sections of the city in any condition and everything looks fine. Well, it looks f'king gorgeous. Which makes the whole set-in-stone thing even weirder.

Back