inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

Well they definitely have everything baked already for each enviro setting, for all parts of the city, as it's possible to roam around both sections of the city in any condition and everything looks fine. Well, it looks f'king gorgeous. Which makes the whole set-in-stone thing even weirder.

Yeah, I suppose they could/should have had options open up after the endgame to switch manually (double click touchpad?). :p (Saint's Row 3 even had cheatcodes to change the city weather).

Yeah, I suppose they could/should have had options open up after the endgame to switch manually (double click touchpad?). :p (Saint's Row 3 even had cheatcodes to change the city weather).

They could just let it go through the very few conditions they have prepared (wet, dark wet, light wet, foggy wet, sunset wet, nice wet), no need for an option. Though that'd be nice.

Little correction! Just finished the game on Evil too and it looks like the weather is stuck on sunrise/foggy, which was actually my favourite. But i guess it will be stuck like this now.
So on good karma, you're destined to a lifetime of sunshine, on evil karma it's fog and darkness all the way!

I have just finished Infamous Second Son and I would like to provide some feedback.

Bugs:
- HDR lightning does* not adjust when player is constantly using travel power.

Graphics issues:
- I understand that there are limits to GPU power but I would really like to see Delsin's reflection in a water and puddles. In fact such effects are present On many Ps 3 games so it should be possible. Also it would be nice to see shadows casting from car's headlights.

Game play issues:
- Unlocked frame-rate is not nice.
- Controls seem less responsive (more laggy) than in Infamous 2.
- Climbing buildings is now a real pain. Delsin has problem with grabbing and holding to many objects. Sometimes he is being pushed away from walls too far when jumping/climbing.
- Smoke power is just under powered. It is too slow, I* mean melee attacks are too slow and there is too big delay between smoke dashes on the ground. Head shots are not easy. So it is very bad for navigating thru city and mediocre for both close and long range combat.

My ideas how to improve the game:
- Add option to lock frame rate at 30 frames per second.
- Improve climbing, just make it like it was in Infamous 2.
- Improve smoke power. Add double or triple jump to it. Make smoke dash more versatile, it should be possible to control its lenght and direction at least to some degree.
- Add new content for endgame :)

Bugs:
You mean Neon? I think that's because it's just so much brighter than everything else, even in the sun. I've seen it dim for Neon even in brightly-lit areas, not sure that it's a bug so much as just how they balanced the light intensity. Unless you're referring to something else, or a different effect, in which case never mind. :)

I have just finished Infamous Second Son and I would like to provide some feedback.

Bugs:

Graphics issues:
- I understand that there are limits to GPU power but I would really like to see Delsin's reflection in a water and puddles. In fact such effects are present On many Ps 3 games so it should be possible. Also it would be nice to see shadows casting from car's headlights.

Game play issues:
- Climbing buildings is now a real pain. Delsin has problem with grabbing and holding to many objects. Sometimes he is being pushed away from walls too far when jumping/climbing.
- Smoke power is just under powered. It is too slow, I* mean melee attacks are too slow and there is too big delay between smoke dashes on the ground. Head shots are not easy. So it is very bad for navigating thru city and mediocre for both close and long range combat.

- Improve smoke power. Add double or triple jump to it. Make smoke dash more versatile, it should be possible to control its lenght and direction at least to some degree.

Although certainly not perfect, I like to focus on the positives. The reality, for me, is that i've never played anything so gorgeous in my life. And to think that this is a first gen, open world game!
Just imagine what the original Infamous looked like compared to Uncharted 2/3 or The Last of Us.
Very happy here. Although the reflections are a bit hit and miss, they looks fantastic. The sheer amount of light sources. The particles. Things could always be better, but for now this is just an amazingly looking game. That IQ!

Although certainly not perfect, I like to focus on the positives. The reality, for me, is that i've never played anything so gorgeous in my life. And to think that this is a first gen, open world game!
Just imagine what the original Infamous looked like compared to Uncharted 2/3 or The Last of Us.

Very happy here. Although the reflections are a bit hit and miss, they looks fantastic. The sheer amount of light sources. The particles. Things could always be better, but for now this is just an amazingly looking game. That IQ!

101% agree.

This game has set a new standard in IQ amongst open-world sandbox games. Also, I see no problem for Sucker Punch on adding an option for dynamic weather. The current scripted mode “actually” does do dynamic weather – just in elapsed timeframe of switching scenarios, or pushing the story along.

Started playing and cleared out the third part of the city...have now most of the smoke upgrades, playing on normal difficulty.

Could it be that SS is easier than the first two Infamous games? I feel quite badass and quite strong...wiping out enemies with relative ease...never felt this way in the first two games, where iirc a few body shots did take Cole out.

Overall, great so far! I am curious about the other powers!

Bugs:

Graphics issues:

Game play issues:

Climbimg buildings :LOL: ! Who the hell climbs in Second Son ? Why would anyone climb in Second Son ? Smoke Vent dash and Unlimited Neon speed run; Climbing buildings is the smoothest ever ! I don't even stop to bloody look at what I am climbing ;) !

BTW, have 26 extra shards with me, hope I get the next power soon to max it out from the get go :p ! Rampaging in the 2nd district with Neon Radiant Sweep karma bomb ! Coooooolest move in gaming ever ! I am not doing any missions at all, just do a drug bust, get my Radiant Sweep ready and then run to find a DUP stronghold and............Kazaam shazaam !!!!!!!! I took out 16 guys+an auto turret + a DUP van in one radient Sweep !

Climbimg buildings :LOL: ! Who the hell climbs in Second Son ? Why would anyone climb in Second Son ? Smoke Vent dash and Unlimited Neon speed run; Climbing buildings is the smoothest ever ! I don't even stop to bloody look at what I am climbing ;) !

BTW, have 26 extra shards with me, hope I get the next power soon to max it out from the get go :p ! Rampaging in the 2nd district with Neon Radiant Sweep karma bomb ! Coooooolest move in gaming ever ! I am not doing any missions at all, just do a drug bust, get my Radiant Sweep ready and then run to find a DUP stronghold and............Kazaam shazaam !!!!!!!! I took out 16 guys+an auto turret + a DUP van in one radient Sweep !

Make sure you have more than 4 missiles thingies on both neon and smoke before you get the third power ;) just a tip.
But yes. Climbing?! :LOL:

Got the plat! I was totally addicted to playing and played every day from March 15-27. I normally play games more casually, but Infamous games really scratch an itch for me. Now I will take a break, play some stick of truth and then go back for Paper Trail.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-infamous-second-son

Sony's first parties kick off the new generation just as they left the last - with the most technology advanced console games on the market.

Gameplay-wise, inFamous: Second Son may well be based on a template defined by its predecessors, but the same clearly cannot be said for its visuals. In this respect Sucker Punch's PS4 debut is nothing short of a next-gen masterclass. The presentation is meticulously clean, almost pristine - operating with a full 1920x1080 framebuffer alongside a modified form of SMAA T2x that stands apart as the most impressive utilisation of post-process anti-aliasing we've seen on any platform. This high-quality solution combines MLAA with a temporal component delivering incredibly sharp and clean imagery with excellent edge coverage throughout.Ghosting artefacts associated with the temporal component are relatively minor and typically relegated to smaller floating objects such as blowing sheets of paper or birds. Image quality purists should also note that anisotropic filtering is fully present and accounted for - unlike a number of other recent PS4 releases.

101% agree!!

Yet, I think we ISS owners are going to be nitpicking a certain open world game on IQ merits, maybe not so much the other stuff.

Game is very nice! I am enjoying it, as I did with the first two games...it is somewhat addictive!

Graphics are really amazing, IQ is brilliant most of the time. The detail and high-res feeling of everything is crazy...and this in an open world game!

The special effects however are king imo...looks fantastic.

Gameplay itself is super fun, different powers are so cool to have (just got the third power). Only complaint: the missions are super repetitive...it feels like there are only a handful of side missions and you have to do them over and over again. At least this time no annoying mission type for me, but still...they should have invested a bit more time in the variety...hopefully next time!

The big bonus for side missions that they can all be done very fast, just few seconds for almost all of them. Only secret agents can be pain if they are not spotted fast before they start their run.

Yet, I think we ISS owners are going to be nitpicking a certain open world game on IQ merits, maybe not so much the other stuff.
I think that's unavoidable but I think that would be very unfair.

I don't want to start a vs thread as both games heavily appeal to me but their worlds are vastly different in terms of dynamism. ISS's environments (time, weather) are picked by the artists and frozen for the duration of an entire mission. So there's no dynamic weather, no wind blowing stuff around (see Welcome to Chicago video 1:06 - 1:08), no buildings to enter. Seattle is populated by pedestrians with very limited behaviour various and very basic reactions. There's no need for pedestrians walking or driving to have to react to environmental hacks, like bridges going up unexpectedly or the police barriers, or all the lights blacking out.

Seattle looks very, very cool but would it look as good if Sucker Punch had to make more complicated engineering decisions to allow a more dynamic environment?

Back on topic, still working my replayed evil campaign and enjoying every evil moment of it!

The big bonus for side missions that they can all be done very fast, just few seconds for almost all of them. Only secret agents can be pain if they are not spotted fast before they start their run.
Get height, scope them out, headshot them before they move. I only had one agent bolt and that was the first one. After that, I picked them out and eliminated them before they even moved.

Get height, scope them out, headshot them before they move. I only had one agent bolt and that was the first one. After that, I picked them out and eliminated them before they even moved.

Oh. Really?? I just ran around until they bolt, then end up running after them and shoot them down. All of them. So annoying. DOH!

Back