inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

What a ridiculously beautiful looking game Jesus :oops:, I wonder if we'll be getting an Infamous 1 to Infamous 2 level of improvement for the sequel. Imagine we get some water or fire based power using gpu particles.
1796824_10152276523055289_636144423_o.jpg

1980525_10152276521680289_1384669348_o.jpg

BjSR7ntIEAAubOI.jpg:orig

ibfJ67ostIL8D.jpg

Back at work after three days of Second Son and I'm hearing phantom bweep-bweep-bweepa of tracker drones :-/

Beautiful game. "Feels" last gen, looks next gen. Which is pretty much what I expected based on the hands-on videos I saw before launch. Didn't think it was going to look as good as it does, however. Quite enjoyable overall.

Bjc-9c_IAAIVjME.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bjc-9c_IAAIVjME.jpg:orig

I really like the in game subtitle toggle option they give you. I would love them to do something similar for the HUD. Perhaps using the Touch Pad Swipe to turn the HUD off to take a clean screenshot or something along those lines.

I just Love going around draining neons, just to see the effect of the light turning into thousands of tiny particles of the same colour as whatever sign you drain, which then get sucked up by the guy. It's just an amazingly constructed effect, perfectly mapped to all the neon signs. I just love it.

I did have a little problem with sharing a video - I tried to share what I just saw but the PS4 seemingly 'lost' those last 15 minutes. Shame cause it would have been a great video.

BTW the way most of the community - at least on B3D - is respecting the secrecy SP wanted and keep calling the 3rd/4th powers "the third and fourth powers" without actually naming them, is pretty commendable.

I did have a little problem with sharing a video - I tried to share what I just saw but the PS4 seemingly 'lost' those last 15 minutes. Shame cause it would have been a great video.

Reportedly that issue is more prevalent if you have your Share button mode set to the quick screenshot setting. Might be something worth testing if you do.

As much as people rag on the "stability updates" with lack of new features, the system needs them first and foremost IMO.

BTW the way most of the community - at least on B3D - is respecting the secrecy SP wanted and keep calling the 3rd/4th powers "the third and fourth powers" without actually naming them, is pretty commendable.

Because it's a very decent surprise and most people would like others to find out for themselves and feel the awe moment I think.

Because it's a very decent surprise and most people would like others to find out for themselves and feel the awe moment I think.

It's a great thing :) though the fourth power is pretty obvious to predict from the beginning, the third is a cool surprise.

It's a great thing :) though the fourth power is pretty obvious to predict from the beginning, the third is a cool surprise.

Yeah, the third one was a genuine surprise to me. Replaying the game for the second time as evil, I'm surprised it didn't click during my trip to Seattle! But then I was still marvelling at the graphics.

The final power is also great fun just to charge around barging into things :D it's also the only power that makes me feel as much as a bad ass as Cole in infamous 2. Chucking cars at things never got old :D

I'd like that too but two senior SP dudes have said categorically that he's dead :(

Well there was a nice surprise, perhaps a sign of things to come, in one of the audio log missions. And also another mission that came up after I finished the game. The guy mentioned two different powers, and you actually see one of them in a mission.
Glass and Paper
anyone?? :D:D:D

Well there was a nice surprise, perhaps a sign of things to come, in one of the audio log missions. And also another mission that came up after I finished the game. The guy mentioned two different powers, and you actually see one of them in a mission.
Glass and Paper
anyone?? :D:D:D

That second one likely corresponds to this ARG. You'll need to sign-up for an account there and then from that site link your PSN account to it. Then updates from the in-game missions are sent to your account. I only did the first in-game mission, but didn't have a account created or linked yet so I didn't proceed any further.

That second one likely corresponds to this ARG. You'll need to sign-up for an account there and then from that site link your PSN account to it. Then updates from the in-game missions are sent to your account.I only did the first in-game mission, but didn't have a account created or linked yet.

Same. Did the mission, tried to log on but hey ho, no log on! Looks like a cool power tho!

Back