inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

it started slow, ND style, but boy oh boy , now that I have upgraded my traversal powers I am hot knife in butter..............smoooooooooth ! THe traversal is so smooth and flowing that it makes the fights a delight ! :D This is much more refined in gameplay than I expected from SP ! And it looks so good that well, its sometimes really hard to believe its realtime...on my ps4 !

Just got the Neon power and man it's almost like the game received another visual upgrade! Traversal also takes it to another league with immense fluidity. It's really starting to look like Samaritan ingame at times.

To me it has already provided the Watch Dogs oomph they showcased last year.

Some quick ones:
BjYd9GzCEAAsi6_.jpg:orig

BjVSvFdCcAEgMYO.jpg:orig

BjYdnKhCMAAkVqp.jpg:orig

BjYeczpCQAAP4bN.jpg:orig

BjY2SyYCcAIcJuR.jpg:orig

BjYdSGKCMAEbiUV.jpg:orig

The best ones are still on the ps4 !

Oh man...

I want to go on vacation this summer. :cry:

I prommised myself I'd buy the PS4 one year after it's launch.
I have to buy a tv as well, since the one I currently have is an old 40" 1360*768 Sony model.
If you keep this up (posting pics like the above), you'll get me either in huge debt or broke! :oops:

I can only hope that they didn't downgrade Watch Dogs for the PC, so that I'll get my graphics fix from there...!

with these modern consoles / gpus / techniques etc...
is an open world game still a limiting factor when it comes to graphics ?
because it does not look like it.

even GTA 5 on last gen was looking fantastic and ultra detailed.

So what's the best way to earn good karma with neon power and if you switch between powers do you retain the amount of karma bomb bars accumulated?

So what's the best way to earn good karma with neon power and if you switch between powers do you retain the amount of karma bomb bars accumulated?

Same way as with smoke powers - dont kill anyone! And yes, you do retain karma bomb bars if you switch between powers.

Being evil is much easier, but playing on expert offsets that. You build up karma bombs faster, but you need them more often. I'm gaining a whole new appreciations of the nuances of smoke that I didn't have on normal. It's all about hit and run, don't stand still and use comet drop and smoke vents as much as possible.

Being evil is much easier, but playing on expert offsets that.

Just finding that out having finished good and now replaying as evil on expert difficulty. I thoroughly enjoyed the good play-through with the exception of getting the third power set, where I found the fight tedious. Not difficult, just tedious. :-| Mercifully it was over quick!

Just finding that out having finished good and now replaying as evil on expert difficulty. I thoroughly enjoyed the good play-through with the exception of getting the third power set, where I found the fight tedious. Not difficult, just tedious. :-| Mercifully it was over quick!

Every power has its ways of playing. It took me a while and some powering up, but I love the third power.
Best way of playing with the first 3 powers is to us L1 to stun enemies and then run up to them to subdue them. Build up karma bombs quickly and decimate the next wave.
With the third power it's a little bit different but pretty much the same approach.
Finished the game yesterday on good. I'll start evil soon enough.

Evil feels more liberating than previous games. Perhaps because 'good' Cole has innate abilities that limits damage to civilians so you could still tear things up a bit, whereas 'good' Delsin does not. Clearing a check point used to take a minute or two as 'good' Delsion, but as 'evil' Delsin I just fire off a volley of cinder missiles, suck up the smoke and move on.

Seconds, son! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good seems to be much more in-character, and the two previous games both considered the Good version to be "canon" in the story.

Just finished on the Good Karma. What a rush! Nothing with regard the basic mechanics of inFamous has actually changed that much. If you liked any of the inFamous games then you'll love this. But the difference all the extra visual fidelity and complexity makes is enormous; this is how super powers should be imagined and rendered. Definitely giving the PS4 a workout but at no point did it struggle or the fan kick in any noticeable fashion.

I'd give it an 8 to 8.5 - and based on this being a launch window game then I'd give it 10 on the promise of things to come!

Is there still heal-on-hit perk for good karma?

There are a couple of healing methods with the good karma. Non-lethal takedowns and, in smoke mode, venting through ducts with a red light.

Nothing is more fun than hitting a duct at street level, blasting all the way to the top of a building and, pausing for a second, absorbing a different power source and using that to fly, boost, levitate from there to the next building.

It's a shame that there aren't certain ducts that allowed you to go back down and burst on the street with your mediaveil mode on!!

Back