Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Thanks, that's pretty good for Ensemble's first console effort. They managed to include AA, even Bungie didn't do that for Halo 3.

Not really, the frame rate stutters with considerable amount of screen tearing, seeing how the game's got almost fixed camera view, it's rather disappointing :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really doubt it, considering its multiplatform it would be really hard to hit 1080p60fps on both platforms and keep parity with the graphics.
Sacred 2's doing it, and Tekken doesn't look to be pushing the boundaries of technical achievement in other directions. So perhaps 1080p60 is the trade off for a simpler engine versus rival fighters?

Sacred 2's doing it, and Tekken doesn't look to be pushing the boundaries of technical achievement in other directions. So perhaps 1080p60 is the trade off for a simpler engine versus rival fighters?

As user T.B. said, Sacred 2 should be 1080p30 (http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1269494&postcount=279).

And, yeah, it would be very nice if they would go for full 1080p60 for Tekken 6 on PS3/Xbox 360 :D;).

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection Online for PS3 is full 1080p60 as far as i know. Maybe they are aiming for nothing less than that for it's successor Tekken 6 on PS3/Xbox 360 ;). Would be very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry of this is the wrong thread but could someone tell me the details on Skate 2 for the PS3 and also Bioshock with the 1.10 patch which reduces blur.

Thanks.

The PS3 version of HAWX demo seems to incorporate with a very unusual method of AA. It's in a way similar to TAA, where it blends odd and even frame buffers, however in HAWX's case, two identical frame buffers blends together it's just that one of the frame buffer is pulled one pixel to the left (or right)

It works as the image below

WHATAA.jpg

I'm not sure what exactly is this, if someone's got an idea, please enlighten me :smile:

What you are describing is called blur (specifically horizontal blur) not AA, equivalent to convolution with [0.5, 0,5] matrix.

I downloaded the demo and it looks like another decent quality Ubi cross-format project, but the blur really does nothing/very little to hide the aliasing.

it was just a blur after all (duh)
Still, your description was fairly impressive. :)

Is this the first documented game with horizontal only blur?

I downloaded the demo and it looks like another decent quality Ubi cross-format project, but the blur really does nothing/very little to hide the aliasing.

Compared to other Ubisoft flight games, Blazing Angels (I/II), that port looks and runs pretty good.

I would really, really like to see a comparison between the 360 and PS3 versions of the new Riddick game. Starbreeze's last outing on the current-gen consoles was one of the most lopsided if not the most lopsided comparison we've seen thus far, with the PS3 version running at a much lower screen resolution, missing shader effects, and with a choppier framerate. It'll be interesting to see how this next title fares on the two platforms.

Back