IGN Playing Red Steele (direct pics and video)

alexsok said:
Guys you must be fucking kidding me! Yeah the concept is nice, kudos for that (finally an innovative gaming experience!) but the game looks like a N64 game :)

Dear oh dear, surely you could find a more subtle way to troll then that?, your letting down your fellow bridge dwellers everywhere! :(

Saw the video...
Graphics look like gamecube+. No bump mapping, but blur and other special effects at a high framerate. Sort of like Need for Speed Underground I suppose, but higher framerate. Some pretty poor texture quality and low polygon count models at points.

Control method looks like it was originally intended for normal controllers. The movement and aiming seems a direct mapping of a joystick's control to the wiimote, including how turning is absurbly slow. The slow-down time and mark targets seems like a method that would have been practically needed for a standard controller.

Its a video of a none final game so we should expect inconsistency. Look at the best parts of the game to judge its graphics. The models are not low polygon at all in the best looking scene's (look at the screen shots above). Also the lighting engine is very nice (the section with the paper doors and bullet holes with rays of light shinning through is a good example of that), as is the destructability.

I really don't see what your seeing with regards to the controls. But as for slow down/freezing time being linked to analog stick controller, how many PC mouse based games have used that kind of technique?, that's where the technique originated..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back