IE7 out

I was using it for awhile on my Vista test laptop and i've now installed it on my work desktop as it's actually quite nice to use compared to their previous incarnations. Considering some of the problems I have with websites and Firefox, I might actually start using IE7 fulltime now instead, bar tons of bad reports about how horribly insecure it is etc.

I'd assume given their past issues with IE6, and some of the reviews and reports i've read, that it's a lot more secure than previous versions. Hopefully it bears some truth and MS actually do something right in the browser department for a change.

Tabs in the browsr at last! :)

Also theaa.co.uk's route planner has been crashing IE6 (for the last few days) on several differnet peoples PCs, interestingly IE7 detected/stopped the crashing the problem - a bad Quicktime ActiveX control installation dialog was failing!

So far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anything MS do run fast? I mean, in the time it took the thing to install IE7, i could have installed Firefox 9 times....

Anyway hopefully this will fix my explorer, which has just not been working since i installed some Beta thing some time ago...

Does anything MS do run fast? I mean, in the time it took the thing to install IE7, i could have installed Firefox 9 times....

Anyway hopefully this will fix my explorer, which has just not been working since i installed some Beta thing some time ago...

IE6 is considerly quicker than Firefox and Opera, so yes they do make fast software.

However, IE7 is a Firefox wanna be. They should have become a Opera wanna be, it would have worked out better for them. Frankly, I'll stay away from IE simply because it'll become the most used browser and therefore the most targetted browser by attackers. Its really simple, the more popular you are the bigger target you are.

The IE7 install was insanely slow for me too.

I don't like the new icon either. It looks silly with the yellow line thingy.

IE6 is considerly quicker than Firefox and Opera, so yes they do make fast software.

However, IE7 is a Firefox wanna be. They should have become a Opera wanna be, it would have worked out better for them. Frankly, I'll stay away from IE simply because it'll become the most used browser and therefore the most targetted browser by attackers. Its really simple, the more popular you are the bigger target you are.

Mmm Firefox has always been the fastest by far for me. But yeah i only installed it cause i had problems with IE6. Will never use Explorer to surf the net even if i got paid to do it. Or if I'm at work of course but i have no choice there.

I dislike how bookmarks are handled; it's just something about clicking on the button there. I dunno. It's just... I don't like it. blah. And yah, it is kinda slow.

Hmm, in my experience Opera is clearly the fastest, then IE6. Haven't tried IE7 yet. Lately Opera has been my browser of choice.

Back