Cast on device

Davros

Legend
Youtube has a feature called "cast on device" if i enable this it will send the video to my t.v via wifi
is there a way to send any online video to my tv over wifi

Youtube has a feature called "cast on device" if i enable this it will send the video to my t.v via wifi
is there a way to send any online video to my tv over wifi
Your mobile YouTube connects with your TV's YouTube. So it is not exactly sending it. It's your YouTube app telling your TV's YouTube to play the same video.

All modern TVs though should have the ability to display your mobile's screen on TV. But usually it isn't full screen.

Not sure about any other method but I d like to know.

I use Roku devices in my house for IP-based television and content; all of the Roku devices in the last five years support streaming from mobile devices in full screen. Most of the newer TVs support it as well, at least for non-Apple stuff (Apple likes their own proprietary casting tech which they license out and not everyone pays for the license.)

I dont wish to display my mobiles screen on the tv I wish to display my computers screen on tv I know I can connect the t.v via a hdmi cable but I'm looking for a wireless solution
if anyones interested my p.c is connected to my router via cat 5 the router has wifi

Chrome on Windows at least used to have extension to stream the browser window to chromecast (which is protocol-compatibly supported by many TVs). Frame rate was not too high though...

Chrome on Windows at least used to have extension to stream the browser window to chromecast (which is protocol-compatibly supported by many TVs). Frame rate was not too high though...
I remember back in the PS3 days there were online services or apps where they were sending streaming content through DLNA to consoles or TVs from the computer as long as they were connected on the same network. Haven't tried it in years. Is this the same thing?

Your mobile YouTube connects with your TV's YouTube. So it is not exactly sending it. It's your YouTube app telling your TV's YouTube to play the same video.
That's not completely true, casting doesn't require the host app to have an equivalent on the target device. If you do have YouTube then it will use that though.

Back to using a PC to do this work: if you're on a Windows PC and if it has a wireless card, then WiDi is an option. There are inexpensive WiDi HDMI adapters in the wild which work well; I personally own a Microsoft one. Unfortunately the technology is based on point-to-point wireless communication, so a wired PC cannot connect to WiDi adapters even if there's a network route from the wired network to the wireless network.

I followed a few online guides and have got this far. My tv shows up as a target but it doesn't seem to do anything
1707694615699.png

It isn't specifically for this purpose but you can achieve the same effect via remote game streaming.

If your client (the TV or attached media device) can load a game streaming client (eg. Moonlight) and you run the PC as the server (eg. Sunshine) effectively send over the network (or even the internet if you choose) essentially an encoded video of what is being displayed on the server.

Back