I think Microsoft gave me free points forever or something LOL

Rangers

Legend
Back when this whole video download service debut debacle happened, which basically was that the servers got hammered and it was impossible to download anything, as well as many people wrongly getting charged multiple times for the same item through repeat clicks because the download stopped (it is supposed to remember whatever you have already purchased), I attempted to download V for Vendetta in hi def, a process that ended up taking several days AND I was charged twice for the movie. At the time I went on Xbox.com forums and replied with a bitter message about that, even half jokingly stating that I would sue over the issue if phone support refused to give my money back (I had called 1-800 4myxbox early on, they informed me a points refund of the points wrongfully deducted from my account was out of the question at that time).

Oh, and note that at Xbox.com, your Xboxlive gamertag is connected to your posts.

Well of course I would never have any clue how to sue, let alone over such a trivial thing would I have bothered. It was mostly just a hasty vent. Mostly forgotten quickly, and left in vague "I ought to call about my points again, but $6 is barely worth the trouble" status.

But I noticed a week or two ago when I logged in that my account had mysteriously jumped from near zero (I think it had 2 or 3 hundred points maybe, not exactly sure) to 1160 points. I was pleasently surprised. Not only that but I rented Zoolander that day, and today I just notice I still have 1160 points, none were deducted.

Now I figure that, rightfully so, they probably refunded both my purchases of V (even the rightful one, it took so long to download a refund seems fair). Fair enough. But this "my account not getting charged for my last rental" business is icing on the cake. Heh, I'm hoping someone saw my message at Xbox.com and said quick! Give this man's gamertag a year free service! or something, hehe. At least ten free rentals. We will see I guess.

If they had done such a thing, you would think they would at least officially message me through my Xbox though, which they have not. But ahh well...

No point to this post, just a bit of a brag (and a stupid one at that) and how cool it is, that a post on a message board could conceivably be linked back to your gaming system account and refunds granted like that, which had never really occurred to me..

Back