I need some Free DVD software download?

Jony153

Banned
Hi, my sony ovia used to play dvd ok, however it was infected and i reloaded windows XP and lost the DVD playing ability. Where can I get a dvd playing software for free? I called Sony but they do not have the original boot cd to give to customers.

Hi, my sony ovia used to play dvd ok, however it was infected and i reloaded windows XP and lost the DVD playing ability. Where can I get a dvd playing software for free? I called Sony but they do not have the original boot cd to give to customers.
Hmm. This has been posted to at least 3 forums so you are possibly a spammer but, as exactly the same thing happened to me, you can download the free Videolan VLC player which can play DVDs albeit sometimes getting confused with menus.

I think you are too nice, Simon F. You should nuke posts like this to kingdom come at the earliest opportunity, regardless of forum relevance. :D

I second VLC as a great player for all your video needs. It really is agreat piece of software and efficient too, and simple to use. The interface is lovely.

Still, this seems to be spam.

Compared to Zoomplayer 5, I think the interface and usability of VLC is terrible.

Still, since it doesn't need external codecs and splitters, it has its uses.

I think you are too nice, Simon F. You should nuke posts like this to kingdom come at the earliest opportunity, regardless of forum relevance. :D

Indeed. Just like buses, along come 3 spam posts (deleted) in a row.:rolleyes:

Compared to Zoomplayer 5, I think the interface and usability of VLC is terrible.

Still, since it doesn't need external codecs and splitters, it has its uses.

I don't like VLC much except when you can't or don't want to bother installing codecs.
thus that's a great video player for gnu/linux :)

MPC has the UI I like best, and great features (such as zooming and resizing distorted videos with the keypad)

Back