I just can't do it Cap'n, I just can't do it!

Think about it.

His approach to engineering is very old-school. I don't think, even in the case that he'd be growing up around it, that 2360ish technology would've been easy for Scotty. Especially considering his drinking problems. He'd probably end up like Wesley's roommate from that TNG episode where they try that crazy manuever in space and get expelled!

Blade said:
Think about it.

His approach to engineering is very old-school. I don't think, even in the case that he'd be growing up around it, that 2360ish technology would've been easy for Scotty. Especially considering his drinking problems. He'd probably end up like Wesley's roommate from that TNG episode where they try that crazy manuever in space and get expelled!

I would say you know too much about all that, but i remember the episode in question and i even remember the roommate in question being an early Star Trek role for Tom Paris of Voyager fame (or infamy, depends what you think of Voyager really) so i'm not really in a position to critisize :cry:

Blade said:
If Scotty had gone to Starfleet Academy in the TNG/DS9 timeline, he'd never have graduated.

With seemingly the solution to every problem being reconfigure the deflector array to emit a coherant tachyon beam into subspace, how could anyone not graduate.

Back