I can't feel my toes.

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn it, I just noticed that I can't feel my toes very well....it's like NO sensation at the tips and it picks up going back.

I'm afraid to look up if this is a symptom of heart conditions or not...but I'm seriously thinking of calling my cardio and asking, or am I just being paranoid and you lose feelings in your toes as you get to be an old fart? :-|

My toes are fairly numb at the ends. Hurt like bugger if you stub them - go figure.

Not making light of your condition...

When my eldest was a toddler he came crying to me saying

"I cant see my eye's I can see my eyes!!"

We've turned into a sort of joke phrase that means 'stop worrying about things that aren't worth worrying about'

I'll now have to add "I can't feel my toes! I can't feel my toes!"

No, you're not making light of it...you're making me feel better.

I don't mind getting old, but I ain't got the time right now to get anymore angioplasti done....least not until I get me a laptop to take with to the hospital. ;)

I'd call just to be careful if you have a history of heart trouble. If it's no big deal, then you'll know not to worry. If you do need something done, doing it early will make it a lot easier.

Yes, but my cardio is ALWAYS gonna fall on the safe side of things and tell me to get it looked at and send me for a battery of tests.

I hate playing pincushion for 'em, and I HATE hospitals. :(

digitalwanderer said:
Yes, but my cardio is ALWAYS gonna fall on the safe side of things and tell me to get it looked at and send me for a battery of tests.

I hate playing pincushion for 'em, and I HATE hospitals. :(

Entirely understandable. What's your position on dieing and leaving your loved ones to carry on as best they can without you?

Hmm. I might go for that too if it weren't so permenant. And what's the point of a vacation if you don't get to goof off during it? :LOL:

Numbness in your position, DW, is not to be taken lightly. Please call your Doctor ASAP. Always better safe than sorryimho.

<sigh>

Alright, alright. I hunted up the number, but the offices aren't open yet...I'll keep banging away at 'em and let ya know what they say.

Thanks.

Just got ahold of my cardio's secretary, he isn't in today but his wife is. (Shashidhar Divakaruni, MD is my cardio and the nice guy who saved me life and fixed me all better, his wife is also a cardiologist and they share the same office....good people. )

I explained my condition/concerns to her, and she's gonna check with the doc and get back to me after she checks my history and such...but she doesn't think it's a big deal.

Thanks for making me check, I feel better.

rabidrabbit said:
You might have thick skin in your toes, do you wear too tight shoes, maybe you have ingrown toenails that have caused numbness in toes. Are your fingers numb?
My fingers are pretty good. A little less sensitivity, but that's an age and abuse thing I've been noticing over the years and nothing to worry about.

I've pretty much only worn open toed Birkenstocks for the last few years, so I don't think they're being squished...and I still chew me toenails so I know they're not to long. :oops:

How are your ankles? Are they puffy/swollen? You might have poor circulation.

Ty said:
How are your ankles? Are they puffy/swollen? You might have poor circulation.
My ankles and shins are pretty nasty bruised up, but not swollen/puffy at all. (Puppies chew on me and the blood thinners make me bruise easy. :rolleyes: )

I don't think I'm having circulation problems, I remember how that felt before my heart attack and I ain't getting any of those symptoms. For me it was sporadic loss of sensations/tingling in my extremities that I noticed, my toes I have no clue how long I haven't felt them for...I just noticed it. :oops:

I don't think this is a big deal, but anything that might involve my heart attack gets me a bit of intensely worried. (More so for my family than myself, Geo nailed me good on that one.)

Back