I Can See Clearly Now!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Just got back from the optometrist and had my lenses replaced since they were guaranteed against scratches yet got scratched up.

New lenses are INCREDIBLE! Everything is so clear and sharp! :oops:

I guess you have to wear glasses to understand... :oops:

What kind of lenses do you wear? 6 months? Year? I've been wearing (soft) lenses monthly for ages now and they don't really get noticeably foggy after just a month. Looking forward to lenses like my cousin has in Norway, which you can keep in for a whole month, including nights.

Oh I've tried hard, soft, gas-permeable, and extended wear contacts before and pretty much hated them all; I wear glasses.

These are new polycarbonate lenses in my old frames, I get to go in for an eye exam this Friday to get another set. I'm thinking of getting an ugly set of indestructible glasses...

Oh I've tried hard, soft, gas-permeable, and extended wear contacts before and pretty much hated them all; I wear glasses.

These are new polycarbonate lenses in my old frames, I get to go in for an eye exam this Friday to get another set. I'm thinking of getting an ugly set of indestructible glasses...
If you think of them as "indestructible" then I bet you`re gonna prove the opposite quite soon.

I wear glass glasses as unfortunatly my eyes dont like contactlenses anymore (they did for over ten years). I rather break them once a decacde instead of going with plastic and scratches.

Our insurance changed a few years ago and I get an eye exam/new set of glasses every year now whether I need 'em or not.

I gotta go get a set of glasses Friday or I'll lose 'em due to the insurance year running out next month, so it's like a bonus set for me.

I'm thinking glass lenses and thick plastic frames. Ugly and functional.

I wish I could afford new glasses... I got mine almost 4 years ago and since I've been staring at PC screens all day every day (mostly CRTs) as I work in a PC repair shop. I'm blind as a bat now, and the glasses only give me a headache.

I first got glasses when I was 19. When I first put them on, I said, "the world is so high-res!" No one understood the reference, fortunately for me!

I'm about to do a surgery soon, no more glasses, lenses and crap. I'm fed up with them.
Had it done about 7 years and the first day its magical. Waking up without having to fumble for glasses. :) You will really appreciate having the surgery. I would suggest not finding the cheapest doctor, and asking how many procedures s/he has done. There are sites that list other questions too.

epic

I wish I could afford new glasses... I got mine almost 4 years ago and since I've been staring at PC screens all day every day (mostly CRTs) as I work in a PC repair shop. I'm blind as a bat now, and the glasses only give me a headache.

Don't know where you are, but here in the UK it is a legal requirement that if you spend a certain percentage of your day staring at a screen that your emplyer has to pay a certain amount towards eye tests and glasses.

Worth checking if there is something similar where you live.

CC

Had it done about 7 years and the first day its magical. Waking up without having to fumble for glasses. :) You will really appreciate having the surgery. I would suggest not finding the cheapest doctor, and asking how many procedures s/he has done. There are sites that list other questions too.

epic

Thanks! Sure, I'm just in the process of looking into different methods and such. I'll only do it in a place with highly experienced people, my eyes are too important to me for sure :)

Don't know where you are, but here in the UK it is a legal requirement that if you spend a certain percentage of your day staring at a screen that your emplyer has to pay a certain amount towards eye tests and glasses.

Worth checking if there is something similar where you live.

CC

I live in the U.S. No one cares about your health here. :p

I'm not sure what the precise wording of the law is, but my employer(*) got round this by offering to pay for the absolute chronically worst glasses they could find. They wouldn't pay just a contribution toward a better pair, it was take it or leave it. So almost everyone left it. They'd offered, so they'd held up their legal responsibility without forking out any money.

(* Then again I am a public-sector employee so it's their duty to get best value for the tax-payers cash!).

Thanks! Sure, I'm just in the process of looking into different methods and such. I'll only do it in a place with highly experienced people, my eyes are too important to me for sure :)

My dad and sister had the laser surgery and both came out with excellent vision. My sis had particularly bad vision but now she probably sees as well as I do (I'm lucky enough to have excellent vision. thx mom!). Yeah you definitely want to make sure that the place you go to has a good rep. If they screw up, it can be very bad and hard to fix..

funny story, I had astigmatism and wore glasses my whole life until I was 12. Then I broke my jaw and got a jaw surgery during the summer which made my cheeks swell up enough that putting on glasses was a hassle so I didn't wear them for like the whole summer. once school started again, I put glasses on and everything was blurry as hell so I went to the optometrist thinking that my eyes got worse since I wasn't wearing glasses and he said that since I had astigmatism, not wearing glasses made my eyes heal themselves.

Tip: DO NOT WEAR YOUR GLASSES IF YOU HAVE ASTIGMATISM. YOUR EYES HEAL THEMSELVES.

Back