How often do you recommend B3D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend

Banned
By that, I mean telling someone you know, or met, to visit this site for either a review, article or interview that is related to the conversatiin you may be having with that person.

The only times this happens IRL is when I visit the mall at the computer floors.

90% of the time, the people I meet have not heard of this site. Nor of Dave Baumann.

They did ask/have heard of "Reverend !... From Voodooextreme , right?". :)

This is in Malaysia, where I'm from, of course.

What are your experiences?

Reverend said:
By that, I mean telling someone you know, or met, to visit this site for either a review, article or interview that is related to the conversatiin you may be having with that person.

The only times this happens IRL is when I visit the mall at the computer floors.

90% of the time, the people I meet have not heard of this site. Nor of Dave Baumann.

This is in Malaysia, where I'm from, of course.

What are your experiences?
Wow, that means you're more popular/well known/betterer than Dave Baumann?
lookingagain.gif

Reverend said:
Those were the good times back then; with Voodoo Extreme, Operation 3Dfx etc etc :heart:

digitalwanderer said:
Wow, that means you're more popular/well known/betterer than Dave Baumann?
lookingagain.gif
Believe it or not, for those who follow 3D/gaming stuff for many years, yesh he is.

On topic, I've even wrote some stuff in the mag I worked for for Beyond3D. I remember an article I wrote about 3D graphics, explaining what pixels/texels/textures and other stuff are, I had this title in the Jargon Buster piece:
"Jargon buster: so that you can understand what the hell is going on when you visit Beyond3D"

Last edited by a moderator:
_xxx_ said:
The topic, man!
Well, I'm in high school and so I obviously wouldn't know that many people that are too interested in a forum like this, but if your a computer science major or a programmer, then this is a pretty good site for news and coherent discussion......

...yeah, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back