High Res Ninja Gaiden Sigma Pics = wow

It could be engine related, where they're trying to work out something for their cross-platform games, like Fatal Frame, but leaned on the PS3 side first. (Perhaps considering the Xbox side more dependable for an NG game and wanting to lead off things on the PS3 when there's less competition.)

FF may not seem like that similar gameplay, but then again they could be preparing for, say, a new Rygar or similar games and are leading things off with their strong license. ^_^

11608435374c25copyvh3.jpg

11608435376f23pz6.jpg

11608435376ff8copyav3.jpg

11608435377fcdcopyvz6.jpg

116084353717f0copyml9.jpg

Looks excellent :)

Indeed! The visual quality of this makes you wonder what they will achieve with NG2. It looks fantastic

I think the arguement that neither Tekken 5 or SC3 didn't sell well because of the fact there were 8 fighting titles around doesn't hold much weight.

Surely those who bought the previous titles would have supported the sequels and new customers would buy the latest releases of said franchise, plus the fact that the consumer user base would have exploded, which would all indicate to increased sales.

Or just maybe fans have become bored of the same old crap, I personally think Tekken sucks, and i much prefer DOA.

Virtua Fighter however is in a class of it's own, not that VF can be considered a PS franchise, it's just more luck that it ended up on the PS2, with Sega bailing out of the console race and all.

Just out of curiosity will Tekken 6 be online ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The pics look nice indeed - but - with all the fancy cloth simulation and all, when will we get breaking clothes when you slice and dice someone with a sword, rather than just blood splashes all over, and if you're lucky, a red stain on the cloth?

Surely those who bought the previous titles would have supported the sequels

That's simply not the case. Franchise updates do not automatically translate into sales. EA Sports Game Year + 1: Roster Update does, but there have been quite a few franchises where the sequels did not outsell the predecessors. On the PS2, I believe MGS3, Burnout 4, and Silent Hill 4 were all outsold by their predecessors. A franchise update is a pretty safe bet, but by no means a guarantee.

That's simply not the case. Franchise updates do not automatically translate into sales. EA Sports Game Year + 1: Roster Update does, but there have been quite a few franchises where the sequels did not outsell the predecessors. On the PS2, I believe MGS3, Burnout 4, and Silent Hill 4 were all outsold by their predecessors. A franchise update is a pretty safe bet, but by no means a guarantee.

Actually, I'd say sequels rarely outsell the originals, at least since the start of the 3d consoles. Prince of Persia is a major exception with The Warrior Within blowing away The Sands of Time in sales.

Actually, I'd say sequels rarely outsell the originals, at least since the start of the 3d consoles. Prince of Persia is a major exception with The Warrior Within blowing away The Sands of Time in sales.

I think Resi2 also outsold 1. I could be wrong though

I think Resi2 also outsold 1. I could be wrong though

I think so too, though I'm not sure if it outsold all versions of RE1. RE1 was on PSX, Saturn, and PC, and had director's cuts, though I don't know if the director's cuts made it to all the systems. PC sales of both RE and RE2 are probably marginal though.

Thanks for the heads up. It is quite a good interview. I can't wait to see what they end up deciding for multiplayer.

edit: oh just saw... there are four pages to the interview

There are companies out there that are developing games at 1080p, and the problem is that they're really pushing the limits of the hardware at that resolution...

So....they're not really pushing the hardware? Itagaki better not find out about this comment. :p ;)

YH: [Laughs] We're trying to make sure that all of her animations and each individual action have a certain intangible element so you can tell she's female. And we're also implementing our other famous projects' physics engine, of course with Itagaki-san's permission. We're making even more improvements so that you'll know that this is a woman.

:LOL: :LOL: Oh my...

Back