High Res Ninja Gaiden Sigma Pics = wow

He may have pushed the ps2 to its max texture resolution, or the max amount of data it could hold in ram.

Any newbie can max out system storage restrictions.

It's the people who figured out how to get around those storage restrictions using compression and streaming techniques that really pushed the limits and raised the ceilings.

He may have pushed the ps2 to its max texture resolution, or the max amount of data it could hold in ram.

What the? Are you serious? There is nothing in DOA2 that looks so demanding. The textures are blurry. There are tons of other games with better graphics, better textures, more complex gameplay, more variety etc than DOA2. The DC version even looked better than the PS2 one.

DOA2 is a disgrace on the PS2. There is nothing factual in Itagaki's statement about reaching PS2's limits. I wouldnt have found it strange if he was paied a bucket load by MS or said that on purpose to show his good relations with MS.

What the? Are you serious? There is nothing in DOA2 that looks so demanding. The textures are blurry. There are tons of other games with better graphics, better textures, more complex gameplay, more variety etc than DOA2. The DC version even looked better than the PS2 one.

DOA2 is a disgrace on the PS2. There is nothing factual in Itagaki's statement about reaching PS2's limits. I wouldnt have found it strange if he was paied a bucket load by MS or said that on purpose to show his good relations with MS.

:p I was kidding, being tongue in cheek. I just meant that it's possible that Itagaki could have reached the technical max of one single element of the Ps2 hardware, and thus declared it couldn't go any farther, without even attempting work arounds or maximizing other hardware. The fact that DOA2 on PS2 had inferior lighting to the DC version should show he didn't even make an attempt to utilize the hardware properly. (oh, and I think the PS2 version sold like crap)

I always thought it was because he didn't want to deal with the compitition from namco and sega.

Thus causing his games to have low sales? He was going right up against Tekken Tag Tournament with only a port of an old Dreamcast game that anyone who was interested in the series (primarily sega fans) would have bought on Dreamcast.

Actually, the DC and PS2 versions of DOA2 came out the same time, around march 2000.

Few months apart, the Japanese release of the PS2 version came with the American release of the DC version, but the American version had to wait until the Ps2 system's launch in America.

Few months apart, the Japanese release of the PS2 version came with the American release of the DC version, but the American version had to wait until the Ps2 system's launch in America.

Sorry, I don't get it, what is your point?

Was it bundled or something :)

Not that cute.

It's incorrect to say they came out in the same month, when one released half a year earlier in Japan, and the DC version's American release then coincided with the Ps2 version's Japanese launch. Market by market, or just by existence in the world, the DC version was out before any gamer had the PS2.

Not that cute.

It's incorrect to say they came out in the same month, when one released half a year earlier in Japan, and the DC version's American release then coincided with the Ps2 version's Japanese launch. Market by market, or just by existence in the world, the DC version was out before any gamer had the PS2.

Yes, the DC version was out 1 month (31 days) before the PS2 version. I don't know if you can really call that "old".

Back