High Res Ninja Gaiden Sigma Pics = wow

One SPE per boob for physics, and one additional SPE for a 'female-oriented' lighting system.

Depending on the size of the boobs, one SPE isn’t going to do. I heard the double “Dâ€￾ system is truly a bitch; requiring double precision float ops. :yes:v:yes:

There are companies out there that are developing games at 1080p, and the problem is that they're really pushing the limits of the hardware at that resolution...

So....they're not really pushing the hardware? Itagaki better not find out about this comment.

Seems to me that that quote is saying that if you do 1080p it's going to consume system resources that might be better put to use elsewhere. So the game may benefit from being 720p since you then have more power on tap to add additional graphical effects, gameplay elements, etc.

Seems to me that that quote is saying that if you do 1080p it's going to consume system resources that might be better put to use elsewhere. So the game may benefit from being 720p since you then have more power on tap to add additional graphical effects, gameplay elements, etc.

It was a joke/poke. :p

As Itagaki explains, only XB360 has the power to realise his visions. If they were to create a PS3 version, they'd need to go to so much effort to downgrade all the art assets to fit onto that under-powered hardware that it'd cost a lot and just look a mess by comparison. PS3's okay for spruced up ports of last-gen games, but can't handle real next-gen games.

It's not like he's blowing hot air, either. This is the guy who had hit the ceiling of PS2 on LAUNCH DAY. You can't achieve something like that without really knowing what you're talking about.

It's not like he's blowing hot air, either. This is the guy who had hit the ceiling of PS2 on LAUNCH DAY. You can't achieve something like that without really knowing what you're talking about.

Not only that, but he did it with a port!

Ceiling

Who is hitting this ceiling on PS2 launch day my friend? I am a little bit confused.

Miss Rachel's real thoughts :
ninjaps304exg9.jpg

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

My Secret Foresight skills tellin me this is going to be in 720p? Right?

You mean you can read? Or have you had one of those accidents that left one half of your brain capable of reading, and the other half capable of writing, neither aware of the other? :LOL:

Who is hitting this ceiling on PS2 launch day my friend? I am a little bit confused.

Itagaki has a habit of talking trash. He had produced a port of Dead or Alive 2 for the PS2 launch. When he found strong support by Microsoft, he turned on the PS2, and claimed that after "reaching it's technical limits" with DOA2, he needed to move onto a platform with more potential.

Doa2?

Thank you for these explanations. I think Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 3 are more close to PS2 ceilings than DOA2 so maybe Itagaki has made his mistake on this subject. I wonder how good Ninja Gaiden Sigma will be in CELL programming technique.

Trash

Itagaki has a habit of talking trash. He had produced a port of Dead or Alive 2 for the PS2 launch. When he found strong support by Microsoft, he turned on the PS2, and claimed that after "reaching it's technical limits" with DOA2, he needed to move onto a platform with more potential.

Yes, I remember he makes fun of other xbox360 developers because he says his game is 60fps and other games are < 30fps (IIRC).

Thank you for these explanations. I think Tekken 5 and Soul Calibur 3 are more close to PS2 ceilings than DOA2 so maybe Itagaki has made his mistake on this subject. I wonder how good Ninja Gaiden Sigma will be in CELL programming technique.

He may have pushed the ps2 to its max texture resolution, or the max amount of data it could hold in ram.

Back