Harry Potter tonight

CMAN

Regular
Who's going to get it (for themselves or their kids) tonight?

I'll admit it...I'm a geek and like the books.

The books are not bad, and ive read all but the last one. So i dont expect to get this one until i read the last one.

What i did find kewl was that JKR/Scholastic decided to release the brail(sp?) version only 3 days after the regular version. Usually it takes a month to get the brail version out. Mighty cool of them to watchout for those who need a little extra attention.

epic

epicstruggle said:
What i did find kewl was that JKR/Scholastic decided to release the brail(sp?) version only 3 days after the regular
"Braille". :) Though going by pronounciation, you got it right. :)

The french are weird that way. It seems half the letters in a word are silent, and three of the remaining ones are pronounced as either "p" or "f" or somesuch. :D

Have had it pre-purchased from the local books a million. When we went there to pick it up, damn was there a lot of people (luckily we were there for only 30 minutes tops). For some reason they had a rule that after you bought it, you couldn't take it out of the bag till you got outside the store. Really weird.

epicstruggle said:
lol, what took you so long?

It was boring. So I skipped to the end and read the book backwards from there.
The book was still horrible.

I'll take LOTR(even the movies) over Harry Potter.

Just picked up a copy for the wife for $15 at a local grocery store. I'm not a fan and havne't read any of the books but couldn't resist browsing through the last few chapters. Surprising that Rowling kills who she kills, but it does set the stage somewhat for the final showdown between Harry and Voldemort.

The spoiler is correct, and not a misdirection. If you read the beginning of book, I think you'd understand.

I'm a little upset with the ending, because now the fun really starts and I gotta wait a couple years to start it. BAH HUMBUG! Honestly though, I thought the book was very good.

Without giving too much away, what do people think R.A.B is? For those that haven't read the book, do not worry. I'm not giving anything away without putting the letter in context.

CMAN said:
Without giving too much away, what do people think R.A.B is?
I think this question will be bouncing around until the final book. The only character whose surname begins with B was Sirius Black IIRC, but he wasn't nearly hard enough to try what R.A.B. obviously did.

So we're left with either some completely unheard of character or some cunning/weak plot twist. Either way - I want to find out! 8)

Not sure if this is a spoiler...

I don't class myself as a pottre fan, but the book was better than I had expected, especially as you gain a bigger insight of the characters and the bad guys.

With Harry dramatically realising the inevitable, you can expect a lot of action in the final book.

Best book in the series since Azkaban. Not too much going on before terms starts, unlike the last two. I started reading the books by reading them to my eldest, now we race each other to finish our copies first!

And you know it is possible to read more than one author. 'Don't read that, read Pullman', 'don't read this, read Eddings'. sigh..

Back