Halo Anniversary

Yeah it already had some of the bells and whistles from today's games, like bouncing sparks and sunshafts. I only first played it last year and I was surprised how advanced it was, never owned an Xbox! Weakest aspect is probably the flat looking explosions.

all lies, everyone knows there's no 360 games this year.
that's a lie, there's no 360 games this year, everyone knows. :smile: :p

Original Halo holds up very well. The graphics today appear rough around the edges but the presentation is still top notch. It'd be interesting to see simply a 720p60 port with enabled online play with some improvements here and there (akine to Beyond Good & Evil HD), fully fledged remake on the Reach engine could mess up too many things.
wow, that video reminds me of Halo when it was such a great game. My favourite of the series was Halo 2 because it was bundled with my first console in 2004, but I purchased Halo 1 months after Halo 2 and it was just amazing.

One of my favourite levels ever was that one involving a key or something you had to find inside a building, which was close to a precipice. It brings me good memories about how great Halo 1 was.

This is one of the best levels I've ever played in a videogame, as far as I remember.

Halo 2 was great too. The Hangar level on Legendary was impossible for me, but always fun. It got to a point that I died trying to replenish ammo or finding more grenades, which I truly needed. Then there were the Silver Elites, Gold Elites, etc.

I tried following a really great online guide by someone whose nick was tomrace but to no avail;

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/562116-halo-2/faqs/33420

Then I lost all the love for the series although I have to admit Reach seems to be better than Halo 3 in every regard and I feel tempted to give it a try in the future.

Halo 1 is 10 years old, there's a good chance about half the people playing the games today haven't seen it and are interested to see the first adventure of the characters. Sure the game itself won't be that much but at half price or lower and with contemporary graphics, I'd get it just to have a complete collection on the 360 (and replay it, considering I had a very small SDTV for the first one).

It's probably not going to look as good as Reach, but way better than playing the original via backwards compatibility, and 3D could add a bit to the gameplay (there are some very large vistas there). So it's a good offer for half price or so, especially via digital download. But for $60 it really is a bad joke I'd say.
Oh, hell. This, all of it. I missed Halo 1 by 4 years since it's original launch date but I actually played it, just once though.

I had played Halo 2 before and the game was a breeze compared to Halo 2 legendary so I had no problem completing the game after my first walkthrough on Legendary, which was the equivalent to Heroic in Halo 2, I think.

At least to me...

As for the price of the game, I hope they don't go overboard with it. Because in that case there would be a very slight possibility I wouldn't buy it, on day one.

And honestly, that's what I would do were I to find myself short on money...

Did Halo CE (PC) not support higher resolution textures very well or what? I'm very surprised no really overhauled the graphics on the PC version, especially with as much modding support as it still has.

Halo CE with Reach like graphics + more realistic weapons would be killer though.

I guess I'm worried it will look like a HD Halo anyway. Which is basically what Halo 3 was.

Needs the Reach engine or something at least as good to be "worth it".

I guess I'm worried it will look like a HD Halo anyway. Which is basically what Halo 3 was.

Needs the Reach engine or something at least as good to be "worth it".

agreed.

But this will satisfy a host of cult Halo CE fans. :smile:

Halo 3 as an HD Halo? Are you making some strange jokes here? Maybe you should look at the original Halo again...

This is Halo1

halo_screen002.jpg

This is Halo3
Halo3_004.jpg

halo3_large.jpg

Sure, Reach has come a long way from Halo 3, but still the first game is ancient.

Supposed Halo remake "confirmation" possibly spotted at GAF? http://www.gamersmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/XBOX-WORLD-360_MAY-11-103.jpg

Also in the GAF thread, somebody mentioned aegis who is a GAF poster who works at IGN (Arthur Gies perhaps?) said there is a X360 game that looks better than Crysis 2 that would be announced soon. Therefore speculation is it might be Halo Remake. Though yeah, that's probably just Rangers being hyperbolic over nothing again.

is a X360 game that looks better than Crysis 2 that would be announced soon. Therefore speculation is it might be Halo Remake. Though yeah, that's probably just Rangers being hyperbolic over nothing again.

I doubt it'd be the remake if it's being handled by Saber (and it is after all a remake not a big budget, fully fledged title like Reach), perhaps they mean Project Kingdoms?

Wait, he meant Crysis 2 what?

Yeah on gaf 2 days ago he said that when he stated that there is a better looking game than Gears 3 he meant Crysis 2.

There is still a possibility though that Kingdoms will look better than Gears 3 considering how amazing Crysis 2 looks on the 360 and of course because Kingdoms is developed exclusively on the 360 with a lot more room for optimization...hopefully we'll see some gameplay footage at E3.

Another hint? (At least thats the way I read it)

Microsoft's E3 invite, mentions Chief and Cortana:

msbadge1.jpg

And here I was beginning to think Remake was vaporware. Looks more likely now.

In case anyone doubts the veracity, Arstechnica link

Last edited by a moderator:
Cortana is interesting. (I'm still holding onto the idea of Cortana retelling the story so far while Mister Chief sleeps. :p).

Spartans Unite though? Reach MP DLC announcement?

Back