Halo 5: Guardians [XO]

So some strange happenings here. Ever since I've gotten a proper headset, I've been doing better at Halo MP (not Arena FFA, I still suck at that).

Previously, on most matches, I'm either pretty close to a 1.0 K/D ratio or slightly in the negative. Since I started using the headset, I'm typically in the 2.0 K/D or higher even going 11.0 K/D in a match.

I'm either getting very lucky facing 5 year old noobs or this headset is magically getting me kills. What do you guys think?

So some strange happenings here. Ever since I've played with Iroboto, I've been doing better at Halo MP (not Arena FFA, I still suck at that).

Previously, on most matches, I'm either pretty close to a 1.0 K/D ratio or slightly in the negative. Since I started using the headset, I'm typically in the 2.0 K/D or higher even going 11.0 K/D in a match.
Fixed; I have that effect on people [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

So some strange happenings here. Ever since I've gotten a proper headset, I've been doing better at Halo MP (not Arena FFA, I still suck at that).

I'm either getting very lucky facing 5 year old noobs or this headset is magically getting me kills. What do you guys think?

http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

Woa... I must get one of those...
Do you have to wear the headset, or just need to buy it?
Can I buy a mono version since I would be happy with a 5.0 Kill Ratio? ;)
But just in case its the Iroboto effect I must add him as a friend. ;) Even an extra 0.1 would be nice ;)

Woa... I must get one of those...
Do you have to wear the headset, or just need to buy it?
Can I buy a mono version since I would be happy with a 5.0 Kill Ratio? ;)
But just in case its the Iroboto effect I must add him as a friend. ;) Even an extra 0.1 would be nice ;)

It could be a combination of both iroboto and the headphones :) The headphones help a lot with those "sneak" kills that get you.

Without the headphones I was half-shot up dead before realizing the enemy was there. With it, I get a good heads up to at least make it an even fight.

Also, like I said "noobs". I expect to go back to sub average in a few days as new players learn how to play. For now, I'm enjoying my slaying.

Edit: I had a mono one that came with the system, but it wasn't very good. It was actually more annoying getting the side chatter in one ear without gameplay benefit other than team communication.
It is a PX24: http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1451765408&sr=8-1&keywords=PX24

I got it due to the recommendation from the Gamestop employee who actually seem to know what he was talking about. It's branded as a PS4 headset, but has PC and X1 settings too. Only negative is the big amplifier and shortish cord from the controller. The amp to headset length is good, so only a minor annoyance. Also, you'll need a chat adapter if you have the older controller, otherwise the new controller with the headset jack will work.

Last edited:
It could be a combination of both iroboto and the headphones :) The headphones help a lot with those "sneak" kills that get you.

Without the headphones I was half-shot up dead before realizing the enemy was there. With it, I get a good heads up to at least make it an even fight.

Also, like I said "noobs". I expect to go back to sub average in a few days as new players learn how to play. For now, I'm enjoying my slaying.
Lol indeed. Yes headphones help as basically noise tracking. Pretty helpful to tell where people are sprinting especially in modes with no radar.

I tried this game again last night (campaign only of course) because Destiny servers were down and to my surprise had fun with it this time. I think the first level might just be poor.

I started "getting" the gun system this time. Ammo is somewhat scarce so you'll be forced to constantly pick up covie guns, but this time it wasn't annoying but fun. The "power" weapons were also nice. I got to some part with 4 hunters and there were power weapons scattered around (rocket launcher etc) and it was fun, they were suitably OP. The graphics are also nice, I know DF claimed it hardly ever runs at 1080P (IIRC?) but I'm not sure I believe them, it looks pretty sharp to me a lot of the time.

So yeah, at the least I may start trying to work in some of this campaign around Destiny. I have to do it eventually as it's a thing with me to "beat" every Halo (ODST+Wars+etc included). Although it kinda bugs me I never played that twin stick shooter Halo, I'm not sure if it counts...

I need to come clean and admit that I only played a few hundred yards into the first level. Sorry guys!

Feels better to get that off my chest. I want to pick it back up, but I will probably do so on an easier setting. Started on legendary the minute the game was released, got frustrated with Locke (and my sucky 1am skills) always needing to call for help. Fell to sleep around 2am, woke up and got sidetracked with my business/family and never went back to the game.

I promise to try harder in 2016, I won't let you guys and/or gals down!

Back