Half Life 2 Stream - shelf life?

Crusher said:
ZoinKs! said:
http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

As I type this, 53,007 are playing HL 1 and it's mods. For some reason, CS: S isn't listed by GameSpy and numbers on Steam's status page are higher.

Yes, heaven forbid not everyone on the planet uses Gamespy.

A lot of gamespy's stats come directly from the multiplayer master servers. This means players don't have to connect using Gamespy Arcade to be counted on the status page.

Thread neeeecrrroooooooo!!! :LOL:

Has anyone else been playing HL2 lately? (Yes, obviously Valve is still around. We shouldn't have been worrying back in 2004...) I've been re-visiting the game since the summer sale, and once I hit Black Mesa East all the lightmaps disappeared and I can't get them to return. I goggled for a solution of course, but the advice I ran across did not work. Setting mat_fullbright 0 in console does nothing, and enabling HDR mode I've already done. It's always been set to HDR on, from the first moment I started playing.

You'd think valve would take a bit more pride in their work than leave it with completely crippling gameplay issues like this. You just can't play the game without lightmaps, all the mood is gone. All of it. It looks utterly ridiculous! :mad:

Actually I just finished hl2 again last week for the sake of trying to get all the achievements in one go. Missed some of those lambda boxes and a sniper though.

Graphically the game holds up surprisingly well. I think all the improvements to source they did over the year got implemented in hl2 as well?

Back