Half Life 2 + add-ons for PS3 (PSM2)?

HappyBread

Newcomer
Unless somebody else is porting it I don't see it happening with Valve's recent comments, but in the magazine (according to NickSCFC on PS3 Empire) it says an announcement will be made during E3.

Anybody have the magazine?

It's probably in their best interest to relesae HL3(whatever that means) on PS3 and XB360 making it exclusive would be dumb.

c0_re said:
It's probably in their best interest to relesae HL3(whatever that means) on PS3 and XB360 making it exclusive would be dumb.

but that would triple development time! ;)

Aren't Valve keeping HL2 alive with episodic content? IF they are indeed thinking of a next-gen console port, the PS3 may have an advantage with its HDD (although I'm still waiting for E3 for confirmation of confirmation). But I kinda lost interest in HL2.

.Z

-NakedZ- said:
Aren't Valve keeping HL2 alive with episodic content? IF they are indeed thinking of a next-gen console port, the PS3 may have an advantage with its HDD (although I'm still waiting for E3 for confirmation of confirmation). But I kinda lost interest in HL2.

.Z
Valve had said that they are planning to support ONE console and then ,after a few weeks,they announced their support for the 360 and yet you are still discussing about the ...advantages that Valve should see on the ps3 as if none of the announcements have taken place!!!!

Whatever, this seems like another BS rumor from PSM2 and nothing more.

Bobbler said:
If it's true, then I imagine the porting will be done by some outside company or something.

That could be good... the Xbox version of HL2 ran pretty poorly.

It is kinda interesting that the cover of PSM2 has HL2 on the cover. If there is any truth to this story I suppose we should hear about it around e3.

fulcizombie said:
Valve had said that they are planning to support ONE console and then ,after a few weeks,they announced their support for the 360 and yet you are still discussing about the ...advantages that Valve should see on the ps3 as if none of the announcements have taken place!!!!

Whatever, this seems like another BS rumor from PSM2 and nothing more.

Well sorry. I don't breed gaming news 24/7. I bound to missed something now and then. And company say "they have no plan" but end up with something many times before when they see an opportunity to make extra dough. I'm not saying Valve would, but you never know.

.Z

Some are calling fake on it. I'm not sure if the new PSM2 should be out so soon? I don't know. Many of the names on that cover seem like a wish-list (though F.E.A.R. seems fairly certain).

Titanio said:
Some are calling fake on it. I'm not sure if the new PSM2 should be out so soon? I don't know. Many of the names on that cover seem like a wish-list (though F.E.A.R. seems fairly certain).
Hey now, whether the news itself is accurate or not, the magazine clearly has HL2 plastered all over the cover. That I can assure you is real. It would be quite the gaffe if they were going on assumed information, though not entirely unsurprising given the magazine we're talking about.

Back