Half Life 2 + add-ons for PS3 (PSM2)?

Mmmkay said:
Hey now, whether the news itself is accurate or not, the magazine clearly has HL2 plastered all over the cover. That I can assure you is real. It would be quite the gaffe if they were going on assumed information, though not entirely unsurprising given the magazine we're talking about.

Have you seen it yourself?

If I had time I'd swing by a newsagent and try and pick it up, to see what is actually said about any of these games inside. So far I've seen a couple of people on various boards claiming to have seen the mag on shelves without actually investigating any more :p

I don't know if they'd just put a wishlist article on their front cover, but I've seen other mags do the same or worse, so..

Titanio said:
Have you seen it yourself?

If I had time I'd swing by a newsagent and try and pick it up, to see what is actually said about any of these games inside. So far I've seen a couple of people on various boards claiming to have seen the mag on shelves without actually investigating any more :p

I don't know if they'd just put a wishlist article on their front cover, but I've seen other mags do the same or worse, so..
Yes I have and I guess you missed my reply elsewhere where you asked. The slip cover is slightly different to the printed cover on the magazine, but it definitely has Gordon and HL2 plastered all over both.

Slaaaaabs said:
PSM must be a joke among developers right?
Given what we know about recent Valve announcemnets [info PSM2 wouldn't maybe have had when they went to print] they have to be wrong. And lets not even get started on their list of PS3 suspected titles :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, same nick, makese sense now ;)

Reading the PSINext boards about this it seems PSM2 is doing a whole lot of assuming. And given how they made a mess of the physx article, it wouldn't surprise me if they were just speculating and extrapolating to fill up pages. You think they could do better with E3 just around the corner..

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent news. Haven't played HL2 yet, but if the port is decent (which I bloddy well hope it will be), I'll definately pick this one up. Unlike many others, no PC at home to play it, but it's on my list!

Titanio said:
Ah, same nick, makese sense now ;)

Reading the PSINext boards about this it seems PSM2 is doing a whole lot of assuming. And given how they made a mess of the physx article, it wouldn't surprise me if they were just speculating and extrapolating to fill up pages. You think they could do better with E3 just around the corner..

Don't they mistake the SDK for an actual PPU inside the PS3?

What a bunch of clowns! :oops:

!eVo!-X Ant UK said:
That reply was complete BS, honestly was all that bad language really need'd?? And HL2 for PS3 has been rumored upon since the XB1 version was announced so does it really seem that far fecthed that its appearing on PS3?? It also seems as if your also targeting UK magazines aswel in your reply, whats so wrong with UK magazines??? have you got a problem with the UK in general???

He's probably from the UK.

Unofficial single-format magazines have a seriously declining readership and need to lure as many readers as they can, regardless of whether it is the truth or not. These magazines have a one month lead time between the content being finished and the magazine hitting the shelves so by the time their rumour based articles are made public they are possibly already out of date.

Yeah, it's not BS. I was duped into buying PSW a couple of months ago because of its cover story with a 'hands-on report' on UT2007, but the article itself was simply a mix of comments pulled off the web and a bunch of info we already knew with old screenshots. It was quite obvious the mag didn't even visit the developer, let alone play the game.

Some mags definitely do scrape the bottom of the barrell to sell issues, which is a shame, because other times they can be quite legitimately informative.

PSM2, I'd have hoped, would have known better being part of Futurenet. There was a time, at least, when Future's mags were mostly decent at the very least, but stuff like this lets them down.

The videogame magazine industry as a whole is getting weakened by the increasing percentage of people connected to the internet getting news weeks and months before they can put it in print. Only magazines like GameInformer in the US and possibly Edge in the UK can afford to get genuine exclusives because they have a sustained readership.

Back