HAGS: Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling *Newt Thread*

I wonder if some benefit from overhead reduction would show up with an old single core CPU.

I still have my 300A and two 550's for the Abit BP6. :) Unfortunately though, those won't run Windows 10 64 Bit. :(

On a sidenote, have you tried running Windows 10 with an AGP card? I've seen Linux users insist that Windows 10 doesn't support AGP cards anymore, but the 1607 and 1803 threads they refer to broke compatibility even on the DX10 PCI-E models when they were first being rolled out. Linux users do seem to get upset when you say Windows 10 actually does work on like 2003 hardware.

Oldest graphics card I've used on Windows 10 1909 was either a PCI-E Geforce 6600 or 6800 with the latest Win8.0 driver, with an Athlon 64 x2 5000+ or something like that.

If the GPU is being more autonomous at handling its own memory, does this mean HAGS decreases the amount of CPU<->GPU communication (bandwidth and amount of handshakes / control bytes)?

If so, this could make more difference on Thunderbolt 3 eGPU systems where the connection is only ~2.8GB/s with quite a bit of latency.
Has anyone tried this on eGPU systems?

Back