GRAW2 Demo available on marketplace.

NBK - Steve

Newcomer
Didn't see another thread on this.

The demo was pretty good and was immediately able to notice the graphical difference. The bad part?......the demo is way to short. I will have to run through it again later.

Since I am super lazy, and don't wanna turn my box on, how big is the demo (Crackdowns was 1.25 gig if I remember correctly)

It reminds me I'm not a big GRAW fan..

I couldn't tell any big graphical difference, though I haven't played GRAW in a long while. I can definitely say it looks a lot worse than Gears of War, as well as reminding me how clunky GRAW's controls are.

Definitely a COD3 style half-sequel.

BTW, do PS3 users get demos like this?

I dont suppose they got this one because it's probably in a more advanced dev state on 360, correct?

I just dont know much about PS3 online. I know they got GTHD though. They have demos like, NBA Live too correct?

It'd just be interesting if demos hit at the same time so all platform users could comment on them, although I dont suppose we have that many PS3 owners here yet.

Yeah, there are demos on the Playstation Store, but I don't think GRAW2 even has a release date for the PS3 yet, let alone a demo.

I wasn't a big GRAW fan but really enjoyed Rainbox Six: Vegas. I didn't like this demo at all. RB6 had some of the best controls/feel I've experienced in a while.

I like GRAW, both on pc and xbox360.
I played the demo of GRAW2 and for me its just the same as GRAW1, besides the white camo in the desert.

I'm not a GRAW fan either,actually most Tom CLancy games I find tedious to play. The exception being this latest installment Rainbow 6. Ubi just nailed the perfect balance betwen making a strategic but still very fun FPS.

While it looks great, I wasn't too impressed with the demo. It's way short and the controls are a bit clunky.

While it looks great, I wasn't too impressed with the demo. It's way short and the controls are a bit clunky.

I played the demo last night. I don't think it looked better, but it looked good. I don't like the cover system and the auto aim, red outline with % of health seems a little cheap after playing RSV.

I definitely noticed a graphical improvement.

Pop in GRAW 1 to see what's what.

Better (more realistic) lighting
Some sort of AA applied (much smoother)
Better frame rate (smoother by far)
More particle effects
More natural looking movement
Better (streamlined) interface
Feels more responsive with better control

Not a big fan of GRAW1 but this looks/feels ok.

My biggest complaint would be the texture work. The quality of textures of Graw2 unfortunately falls short of my expectation, especially seeing after what can be done in GoW and R6. True, the environments are open in this game, but I still expect a lot better quality especially for close-up objects.

My biggest complaint would be the texture work. The quality of textures of Graw2 unfortunately falls short of my expectation, especially seeing after what can be done in GoW and R6. True, the environments are open in this game, but I still expect a lot better quality especially for close-up objects.

Yeah, I totally agree. Half of the textures are 'meh' after playing Lost Planet... but I hope they can fix it by launch. Maybe textures were reduced in order to implement the new effects.

I played the demo last night. I don't think it looked better, but it looked good. I don't like the cover system and the auto aim, red outline with % of health seems a little cheap after playing RSV.

I think the outline with health percentage and the friend or foe designation is due to the "suit" you wear. I haven't played the demo yet, when I get home from work I plan to though.

Reactions: Geo
I think the outline with health percentage and the friend or foe designation is due to the "suit" you wear. I haven't played the demo yet, when I get home from work I plan to though.

Ya, but it feels skill-less. Just aim in their gneral direction and watch the % go to zero and then move to the next red diamond. I lacks a personal feel or even the life and death feel of a gun fight. Sniping is even worse, you just point at the diamond, no need to line up the cross hairs, you will hit and kill them with little skill.

Ya, but it feels skill-less. Just aim in their gneral direction and watch the % go to zero and then move to the next red diamond. I lacks a personal feel or even the life and death feel of a gun fight. Sniping is even worse, you just point at the diamond, no need to line up the cross hairs, you will hit and kill them with little skill.

you can turn that off in the options (at least full game GRAW you could)

Back