Tomorrow Corporation Tech Demo - Really crazy indie game engine plus dev tools

Scott_Arm

Legend

Didn't know where else to put this. It's not something anyone could use, besides that company, but the demo is awesome and has some features that I've never really seen. When he shows that you can step backwards in the debugger, so you could step through your code in reverse from an assert I was blown away.

They use their own engine, their own tools, their own programming language, their own debugger and their own code editor.

Edit: This is wild, pretty much hot reloading of everything and you can basically rewind and fast forward through your game state including rendering because everything is deterministic.

Edit: Lol and you can send your sessions to someone else, so they could go through your crash on your machine, but on their own machine.

Last edited:
Wow.
If MS did a survey, asking what i want to be added to Visual Studio, ChatGPT assistant or such debugging tools as shown above, you can guess what i'd pick. :D

(final words of extincting retro programmer species)

Wow.
If MS did a survey, asking what i want to be added to Visual Studio, ChatGPT assistant or such debugging tools as shown above, you can guess what i'd pick. :D

I'm sure that there are costs to everything being deterministic and time stamped in terms of performance and design limitations, but damn. Almost makes me wonder if you could design that into a language, maybe a higher level language and have it natively supported in the debugger.

Wow.

Many comments on that video make the exact same point hahaha

Didn't know where else to put this. It's not something anyone could use, besides that company, but the demo is awesome and has some features that I've never really seen. When he shows that you can step backwards in the debugger, so you could step through your code in reverse from an assert I was blown away.

They use their own engine, their own tools, their own programming language, their own debugger and their own code editor.

Edit: This is wild, pretty much hot reloading of everything and you can basically rewind and fast forward through your game state including rendering because everything is deterministic.

Edit: Lol and you can send your sessions to someone else, so they could go through your crash on your machine, but on their own machine.

Huge fan of their games, although I haven't tried "The Captain". Considering they made a couple pseudo programming/automation games (Human Resource Macine and 7 Billion Humans), it doesn't entirely surprise me that they came up with their own programming language and debugging tools.

Pretty awesome to see this.

Regards,
SB

Back