God of War: Ragnarok [PS4, PS5]

I lost any faith I had left in gamers when the Last of Us Part II was released. That game really riled an appalling segment of the community.
I think its fine to dislike something and to say you dislike it. Then vote with your wallet and don't buy it. I think its to far when you attack the creators . I use the new monkey island as an example. I hate love monkey island , I hate the art in the new one. I said I don't like the art and will wait to a larger sale or it to be on game pass before I paly it. But I didn't attack anyone working on it

So what mode is everyone using? I was on the 40fps mode, then gave the 120Hz (or whatever it is) a try and can't really go back, especially considering the very slight difference in IQ when everything is moving so fast...

So what mode is everyone using? I was on the 40fps mode, then gave the 120Hz (or whatever it is) a try and can't really go back, especially considering the very slight difference in IQ when everything is moving so fast...
I'm using 40fps mode. Going by the tech analysis videos, the issue that annoys me the most is LOD popping, and it seems to be much better in quality mode. Don't want to try the performance mode because I know Ill keep switching between the modes every 5 minutes instead of enjoying the game lol.

The game so far is a solid improvement over the first one, and I've only been able to play about 3 hours. Lighting and materials look and feel much better than I expected.

Last edited:
I'm playing with the 40fps mode. First time I'm trying that 40fps mode on any console game. I was surprised at how much more fluid it is compared to the 30fps mode, those 10fps really make a big difference!

I've tried all the other modes as well and yeah the 60 and especially the unlocked HFR-mode does feel super smooth and responsive, but I still want to play with the 40fps mode 😊
Additionally I feel also that there is a bit more pop in with those higher framerates and somehow I feel like the 40fps is still smooth enough while retaining a bit more "weightiness" in there...
I almost want to say it feels also a bit more "cinematic" :devilish::runaway:😇

I'm using 40fps mode. Going by the tech analysis videos, the issue that annoys me the most is LOD popping, and it seems to be much better in quality mode. Don't want to try the performance mode because I know Ill keep switching between the modes every 5 minutes instead of enjoying the game lol.

The game so far is a solid improvement over the first one, and I've only been able to play about 3 hours. Lighting and materials look and feel much better than I expected.
Why not unlocked 40?

Back