Give banned users private message-respond privileges

KongRudi

Regular
So, I just came off a 6 month ban...

It were pretty annoying to have Brit tell me in a private-message that I had ignored all the warnings, when I didn't receive any warning at all before beeing banned - without beeing able to respond.

In any case, I could respond last week or so (when my banned-time were done) and I also asked if you guys could concider adding private message privileges to banned users, so they could plead their case, or just tell if they tought themselves unfairly treated. :-/
But I never got a response from Brit..

So I try again in site-feedback section, since I'm wondering if someone else thinks this might be worth concidering. :-/

-- 8< --- Copy of private message sent to Brit -- 8< ---
KongRudi said:
BRiT said:
Dear KongRudi,

You have received an infraction at Beyond3D Forum.

Reason: Thread Derailment/Off-Topic
-------
You ignored the warnings and purposefully sought out to completely derail the thread.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
[post]1809972[/post]
Bugger. My friend would have gotten that but doesn't want to have to put a disk in every single time he wants to play the game. Yay for shortsighted people on the internet whining and destroying marketplace competition. Now his only option is DD (60 USD versus the 50 USD at Amazon) and he can no longer purchase from retail stores like he would have been able to before the changes. Sad...

Regards,
SB

I am 100% certain that prices would have remained much higher for a much longer period of time if MS could control prices on all sales, wich is what they wanted to do.
The DRM wich 'the internet were whining about' were there so Microsoft and other publishers could gain control of used game sales-pricing, and encourage gamers to not trade games between themselves cheaper - instead of the retail-stores controlling this market, encouraging gamers to trade in their old games.

There is nothing stopping Microsoft to allow places like Amazon to compete or work with their own digital storefront today - afterall if Sony can allow Amazon to do it, I don't see why MS can't come to a similar arrangement.
Search on new PS3/PS4-games reveals that you can choose PS3/PS4/PSV digital code amongst the platforms, aswell as the various PS-disk-versions and other formats on Amazon, in addition to beeing a place where many people get credit, some of the games are cheaper than on PSN. :-/
So I'm fairly certain that Xbox One customers dodged a real bullet there, hopefully MS and Nintendo copies Sony here, and get's their product to more stores. :-/

All the best,
Beyond3D Forum

7 months late..
You should really concider giving banned users privileges to respond to messages they receive..

In any case I didn't get any warning... :-/
My last warning where 3 and a half year ago:

As for the offense I commited wich banned me, I did write messages in this thread - about the DRM removal in Xbox One Ryse, wich Silent Budha brought up - and called everyone who arguing against the DRM shortsighted. And did end up off-topic, when drawing likeness to it with PC-DRM's..
Before I logged off at 19:00 - when my workday ended - when I logged on next day I were banned.

But I didn't 'purposely derail the thread', or actually receive any (or multiple) warning whatsoever to ignore, before it were to late. In any case, nothing to do about that now..

However, you should concider giving banned users privileges to respond to private messages like this..

Silent Budha were right, I am shortsighted..
It's been horrible to have to sit and wait everyday for 6 long months - before beeing able to messaging a response to you, telling you how brutally unfairly you have treated me when expecting me to be able to guess that I were beeing warned multiple times.. :p

Fine with beeing banned. But seriously, 6 month for that stuff is ridickolous...

In any case, you should concider giving banned users enough privileges to message responses to private messages like this. :)
A long time since I used a bulletin board admin privileges, but should be failrly simple thing to do.
-- 8< --- End of copy -- 8< ---

Giving banned members any permissions is an extremely bad idea. What do you do if people are abusing PMs after being banned? That takes additional steps if you don't remove the ability directly to begin with.

If you really wanted to contact anyone at the site, all you had to do was to look at the "Contact Us" page.

The reason you got no response from the PM is I only respond to matters that are worth it, but since you decided to make this public, here goes... I notice that you completely failed to mention to the public how you went off about calling other people Nazis/Hitler. Frankly, that is an instant ban as you clearly demonstrate you are not a reasonable person.

This is a snippet of your diatribe where you continued to go off the deep end:

Well, if the germans came and told the jews that they should move into these workcamps they've built, they'd probably whine and complain, and perhaps hopefully be abit paranoid.

Xbox is not a open platform, it's somewhere Microsoft have monopoly-like control.

Giving banned members any permissions is an extremely bad idea. What do you do if people are abusing PMs after being banned? That takes additional steps if you don't remove the ability directly to begin with.

If you really wanted to contact anyone at the site, all you had to do was to look at the "Contact Us" page.

The reason you got no response from the PM is I only respond to matters that are worth it, but since you decided to make this public, here goes... I notice that you completely failed to mention to the public how you went off about calling other people Nazis/Hitler. Frankly, that is an instant ban as you clearly demonstrate you are not a reasonable person.

Well, if the germans came and told the jews that they should move into these workcamps they've built, they'd probably whine and complain, and perhaps hopefully be abit paranoid.

Xbox is not a open platform, it's somewhere Microsoft have monopoly-like control.

I wanted to ask you why you banned me, without any warning, then claiming I got a warning. Not to go running to the people responsible to the forum..
As to what to do if people abused private messages - you could simply Ignore/Blacklist them. :-/

I don't know if you confuse me with someone else.
If there were any truth about your nazi/hitler garbage-claims, you wouldn't have banned me for deliberately bringing the thread off-topic - you would probably have banned me for calling someone a nazi or hitler..
I've allways prided myself for beeing a reasonable person, and try to treat people on the internet as I do in reallife, I can't recall doing that on any forum. :-/

Also another suggestion I have, is that moderators should not stealth-edit, without leaving their finger-print. That's really bad practice for everyone.

We'd have to keep taking snaps like this:
https://web.archive.org/web/20140622191334/http://beyond3d.com/showthread.php?p=1856819

I look like a idiot when I say I can't recall calling someone a nazi/hitler as you claimed, and then I seemingly is quoting the post you've clearly taken out of context, inside my post a litle while later..

The post I responded to originally, stopped at I'm not a reasonable person..

As for the analogy;
I'm not calling anyone a nazi or hitler - but it's true that I'm doing a analogy to things the nazi did in WW2. I have no idea to what or who I responded to, but I did not call anyone a nazi/hitler.
In you're post history you wanted to obliterate someone... :-/ Things can easily be taken out of context..

In any case it's very annoying that you've edited my post?
- If I tried to quote your original message, and including a deleted post, like it says I did..

The deleted post would show up as blank, I think, not the actual post..

testing below:
--- 8< ---

I wanted to ask you why you banned me, without any warning, then claiming I got a warning. Not to go running to the people responsible to the forum..
As to what to do if people abused private messages - you could simply Ignore/Blacklist them. :-/

I don't know if you confuse me with someone else.
If there were any truth about your nazi/hitler garbage-claims, you wouldn't have banned me for deliberately bringing the thread off-topic - you would probably have banned me for calling someone a nazi or hitler..
I've allways prided myself for beeing a reasonable person, and try to treat people on the internet as I do in reallife, I can't recall doing that on any forum. :-/

--- 8< ---

So please don't edit my messages in the future, if you do, please put Edited by BRiT on it. :)

Back