God of War: Ghost of Sparta

warcrow

Regular
I realized that the embargo lifted on this game and have said nothing about it--for shame. So let's make this brief, yes?

GoW:GoS is my new favorite PSP action game, and for the curious I loved my time with Chains of Olympus. Those that have played through CoO (in its entirety) know just how epic the story is, and I think GoS doesn’t quite topple it there, but it seems everything else has been improved.

The gameplay is tried and true God of War but with a few of the new stuff GoW3 introduced (like a checkpoint system that actually works well), the graphics are stunningly good on the PSP, the music and sound effects are bombastic and as overbearing as it should be. I quickly rounded every corner excitedly waiting to see what would happen next and was rarely disappointed.

The only thing I found severely annoying was the PSP hardware itself. GoW games are pretty fierce. They requires a lot of movement with the players fingers, and because the shoulder buttons both need to be pressed in order to execute a dodge move, ones fingers are flying about quite often. Within the first hour of gameplay I had managed to force the thing into sleep mode 4 times because of this since the slider button is located EXACTLY where my hand rests. Frustration peaked when I even managed to turned the unit completely off, losing about 15 minutes of gameplay.

If you're a God of War fan and have a PSP you must get this game.

How long is the campaign?
In CoO it was rather short IMO, while it was a superb game (it is indeed the only PSP game I played so far!) I hope that the new one is a little bit longer!

Finished it

what a perfect game it is!

I just played 2 games on psp: both gow games :D

I liked this game a lot. Combat was very good, I liked the addition of the flaming blades...very cool and tactical.

Content was ok as well (about 8 hours to finish it on normal difficulty, was maybe a bit to easy, as I did not die once during a battle, but several times due to my large fingers and my own clumsyness when plattforming).

Scale and graphics where very good.

Story and bosses excellent.

Settings sensational as ever.

Overall one of the two best psp games I played :D

Overall simple the best gaming series for me!

Back