God Of War Ascension PS3

I believe you should have the L2 items by now. If you have the amulet you can use that to temporarily slow down the enemy. If you have the items that duplicates you,you can use that to help attack while you evade. These items recharge over time.

If you have neither, you can hopefully parry (I find the timing tricky) which will cause a momentary stun if you do it against a melee attack...otherwise you might be screwed. I've only beaten it on normal.

I believe you should have the L2 items by now. If you have the amulet you can use that to temporarily slow down the enemy. If you have the items that duplicates you,you can use that to help attack while you evade. These items recharge over time.

If you have neither, you can hopefully parry (I find the timing tricky) which will cause a momentary stun if you do it against a melee attack...otherwise you might be screwed. I've only beaten it on normal.

Yeah, I do in fact - though the only thing I have of the L2 items is the one that lets you break or heal objects. I've found I can freeze enemies like that, but I'm still a bit confused if I use that advantage to fight the other one, or the enemy that I've temporarely frozen. It isn't enough to kill it in a frozen state.

I do have about 13000 orbs that I can use to upgrade something. I haven't upgraded the L2 item yet (the amulet?) - so recharging still takes quite some time. It costs 5000 I think.

I've also only upgraded the fire element once or twice. Everything else, I've used to upgrade the Blades of Chaos. I've practically used all my orbs to upgrade that, because I've found the element upgrades to be less effective overall. This is just my limited experience though. I've upgraded them twice (or three times) I think - first was 5000 orbs, then 12000 if I am not mistaken, and the next is 25000. That's why I'm up to 13000 with saving orbs. :D

EDIT: Just realized that I am chapter 19, not 14

Last edited by a moderator:
You should upgrade the amulet so the recharge time is shorter. I usually freeze one and attack the other and hopefully get enough to fill one rage meter and then activate immediately. I constantly evade or block while waiting for it to recharge before attacking again.

I mostly use the Hades element because after a 3hit combo or so it releases an auto attacking spirit thing that continues to track.

If you have the other L2 items try experimenting with them. Also, you can use them at the same time if you have more than one because they recharge separately. The last item (you may not have yet) can be helpful for up close stuns. It also has the property of dispelling protective magic shields which some enemies temporarily have.

I may try a hard difficulty run through at some point.

if theres ever going to be a new GOW game, really hope they will change the formula this time. Like open world zelda like experience. Hope they can get David Jaffe to direct also.

Back