Go on the record and predict the XB-360 specs

Brimstone

B3D Shockwave Rider
Veteran
It won't be much longer until we get offical word on the hardware details, so I figure it's time for everyone to make their best guess on the consoles final specs. Evidence for Rambus tech in the console is virtually non-existent, so it's just a hunch I have because of the recent NEC / Rambus patent deal. That deal could very well be for Nintendo's Revolution or something else. SIS was into Rambus and has been silent on XDR. If the XB-360 chipset is XDR based, I'm sure SIS will turn around and release the first XDR chipset for the PC market based off of the same tech in the XB-360.

IBM Tri-Core CPU .65nm 3.5 Ghz clock each core
ATI R500 VPU 600 Mhz clock with 10 MB fabbed by NEC .90 nm
PPU 400 Mhz with 16 MB eDRAM .90 nm fabbed by TSMC
SIS system chipset with Rambus XDR and Flex I/O technology
512 MB XDR Main system memory

60 GB hardrive upgrade option

Well as long as this doesn't become a flame

Cpu tri core at 3-3.5ghz (most likely 3 because of heat and power)
Gpu 550-650 mhz gpu with 16 megs of edram
Sound , custom sound intergertated into the system chip with wifi , sata 2 and usb 2.0 support
Ram 512 megs of ram , 500mhz with a 256 bit bus

Hardrive , entry lvl box at 300$ will have a 20 gig hardrive in the small form factor , the 400$ console will have a 60 gig hardrive .

For the kicker ati will have another new texture compresion that surpasses 3dc and dxtc for textures .

Official specs:

One slightly glossy white puckered rectangular solid.
One slightly glossy white gamepad.
An 'instruction manual' whose first page deals with seizures.
A stupid camera that nobody really wants.
Some cables.

@Riddleware: not very in the spirit of the thread.

Frankly for now I'm choosing to peg my estimates to the 'leaked' specs exactly - even if they are false they are close enough to what I would have said anyway to offer a framework if nothing else.

So, to reiterate:

1 tri-core CPU @ 3.2 GHz @ 90nm @ IBM

512 MB of GDDR3 main system

10 MB eDRAM

~500MHZ R500 @90nm w/unified shading @ TSMC

I know it's boring, but since we're going on the record - this is where I'm at.

Martin Marietta and Lockheed Martin Real3D graphics DNA that is buried so deep into that ATI VPU, hardly anyone will even realize it.

^__^

jvd said:
500MHZ R500 @90nm w/at least partial unified shading @ TSMC
how do you get partial unification ?

Oh you know what, I'm thinking about a different SKU! :LOL:

The rumors that the R520 might have had *some* pipes with unified properties, and the rest normal. Never mind, I'll edit my R500 guess to full unified, because that's what I actually meant. 8)

EDIT: And I never believed that crap about the R520 anyway, I just somehow mixed it in to my R500 knowledge just now (because it's late and I've been up all day), and it came out as me posting what I did.

xbdestroya said:
@Riddleware: not very in the spirit of the thread.
And yet, I bet my specs will be closer than anyone else's. Therefore, I'm willing to go 'on the record' with them.
I think it's very safe to believe the internal hardware description that was reportedly leaked a few days ago, although that 3.2Ghz doesn't sound right.

I would pick in thae last leak/rumor and:

Change

128bits (as calculated) to 256bits (and 2X the BW)

a +/- 600Mghz gpu with +/- 2Ghz ALUs ( and meybe more ALUs)

Add

The HARDWORK from IBM, wich should be something,if in or out of the CPU dont ask me, for math intensive things (physics, processural work etc), this because I think that the CPU is optimal to things like AI, network, media(voice recg./camera features) general work and such.

The PPU thing I do not expect if the hardwork from IBM is this (intense maths), other wise I think we meybe will see one in XB2

CPU Clockspeed 3Ghz.
3 Symmetrical Core.
1 Integer Unit, 1 FPU Unit and 2 VMX Units per core.
1MB L2 Cache shared for the 3 cores.
FSB 1Ghz (6.4GB/seg) per core.

GPU Clockspeed 500Mhz.
4 Arbiter groups (4 Unified Shaders per Arbiter Group).
16 Unified Shaders.
1 TMU per Shader
3 ALU per Shader.
Support for Pixel and Vertex Shader 3.0

Main RAM.
UMA configuration.
GDDR2 or 3 at 1Ghz.
128 bits.

GPU "inside" RAM
10MB on die, but not embedded.
1Ghz of clockspeed
256 bits.

For the sound the capabilities will be the same of Xbox.

major NDA's are lifted friday . .
only a few more days 8)

btw those bastard journalists are getting free samsung dvdplayers ... omg

Megadrive1988 said:
Martin Marietta and Lockheed Martin Real3D graphics DNA that is buried so deep into that ATI VPU, hardly anyone will even realize it.

^__^

I like his High specular gourad shading,parralel lighting effects,i know SCUD RACE and Model03:

"With Model 3, Sega decided to design a new system from the ground up. Again, going with the company that they had formed a good relationship with, now named Lockheed Martin's Real3D division (Martin Marietta had now merged with Lockheed to form Lockheed Martin and Real3D was created from the combined 3D graphics resources of MM and Lockheed's own). They were brought in to assist in developing the brand new graphics subsystem, which ended up being the twin Real3D/Pro-1000 chipset, stunningly powerful for their time."

http://www.system16.com/sega/hrdw_model3step1_5.html
SuperGT-2.jpg

Main RAM.
UMA configuration.
GDDR2 or 3 at 1Ghz.
128 bits.

Do you mean 1ghz effective (500mhz clock ) or do you mean 1ghz ram , 2ghz effective ? Because not for nothing but don't you think it would be cheaper to increase the bus width instead of ram that most likely wont be in production next sept ?

Urian said:
CPU Clockspeed 3Ghz.
3 Symmetrical Core.
1 Integer Unit, 1 FPU Unit and 2 VMX Units per core.
1MB L2 Cache shared for the 3 cores.
FSB 1Ghz (6.4GB/seg) per core.

GPU Clockspeed 500Mhz.
4 Arbiter groups (4 Unified Shaders per Arbiter Group).
16 Unified Shaders.
1 TMU per Shader
3 ALU per Shader.
Support for Pixel and Vertex Shader 3.0

Main RAM.
UMA configuration.
GDDR2 or 3 at 1Ghz.
128 bits.

GPU "inside" RAM
10MB on die, but not embedded.
1Ghz of clockspeed
256 bits.

For the sound the capabilities will be the same of Xbox.
I think it's safe to say that no one will be using GDDR2. Also, if it's on die, doesn't that mean it's embedded? I think you mean it'll be on the same package, though a separate chip from the GPU.

pc999 said:
I would pick in thae last leak/rumor and:

Change

128bits (as calculated) to 256bits (and 2X the BW)

a +/- 600Mghz gpu with +/- 2Ghz ALUs ( and meybe more ALUs)

Add

The HARDWORK from IBM, wich should be something,if in or out of the CPU dont ask me, for math intensive things (physics, processural work etc), this because I think that the CPU is optimal to things like AI, network, media(voice recg./camera features) general work and such.

The PPU thing I do not expect if the hardwork from IBM is this (intense maths), other wise I think we meybe will see one in XB2

Hopefully when the NDA's are lifted some high profile game coders like Tim Sweeney will help explain the "HARDWORK" IBM has done with the 360 CPU. BTW, the phrase "the hardwork" is becoming your trademark. 8)

Back