Ghostwire: Tokyo [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

lol all this time i didn't realized MGS5 ubisoft formula. now that you mentioned it, yes, it does have ubisoft formula.

it felt way less overwhelming tho.
I d say KojiPro knew exactly the problems of the open world games like Ubisoft's and designed MSGV around solving them.
The icons are few, feel non intrusive and the missions are more meaty and enjoyable.
On the other hand every Assasins Creed I played up to Unity (havent played the others that came after) felt like directing an avatar to a curson on the map to do one boring task after the other like an automaton

Holy spit! I just turned TSR on in Ghostwire and it almost doubled my FPS and it looks really good, wtf?!? :oops:

EDITED BITS: Had "FSR" instead of "TSR", major difference!

Last edited:
I guess. I mean it doesn't impact me. My DualSense battery life is bad next to my Series X controller. But my Series X controller is bad next to my Nintendo Pro controller. My Series X is the only controller that ever runs out of juice mid-game because my DualSense controllers rest in their charging cradle and my Pro controller is always hooked up to the Switch.

Isn't that a matter of buying rechargeable packs for the XSX controllers which include battery covers that allow for cradle charging?

Isn't that a matter of buying rechargeable packs for the XSX controllers which include battery covers that allow for cradle charging?
Well there is this, but Microsoft are utterly taking the piss with the £50+ price. That would bring the total cost of a conveniently-rechargeable controller to £90.

They can f*** right off with that.

But the kit costs £19.99 or less
But you cannot buy it at that price because it's out of stock in the Microsoft Store. It is in stock on Microsoft's Amazon Store where they sell their own product at a 250% markup.

That's bloody fishy. Why the hell is there such a massive price discrepancy? Microsoft determine their own pricing. Looks like some blatant profiteering.

https://www.techpowerup.com/review/ghostwire-tokyo-dlss-vs-tsr-vs-fsr-comparison/

i cant see the difference between TSR and DLSS. So hopefully more and more UE games use TSR

Still shots are useless when comparing temporal reconstruction methods. Looking at the video in 4K at in game 1440p resolution I can easily see that DLSS is far more temporally stable than TSR... and provides about 10fps more. It's not even close IMO.

TSR of course is nice.. and it's a solid middle ground between DLSS and FSR.. and it's great that it exists as another platform agnostic solution which developers can utilize if they choose.

Still shots are useless when comparing temporal reconstruction methods. Looking at the video in 4K at in game 1440p resolution I can easily see that DLSS is far more temporally stable than TSR... and provides about 10fps more. It's not even close IMO.

TSR of course is nice.. and it's a solid middle ground between DLSS and FSR.. and it's great that it exists as another platform agnostic solution which developers can utilize if they choose.

indeed, there is more "flickering" on "small details" than DLSS. i don't think those will be too noticeable when playing tho.

But you cannot buy it at that price because it's out of stock in the Microsoft Store. It is in stock on Microsoft's Amazon Store where they sell their own product at a 250% markup.

That's bloody fishy. Why the hell is there such a massive price discrepancy? Microsoft determine their own pricing. Looks like some blatant profiteering.

It's out of stock now so I can't look but I suspect that while it was on the Amazon Microsoft Store page, that it was actually a 3rd party price being listed. Amazon will throw in 3rd party sellers on the page when 1st party sellers are out of stock.

If you feel like gambling on Quality Control, there's this listing on the UK site.

Controller Rechargeable Battery Pack for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S with 3M USB C Charger Cable and Micro USB Adapter 6amLifestyle Battery Packs Xbox Play and Charge Kit, XBOX-SB02: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Good reviews from people that got a good one and bad reviews from people that got a faulty one. Amazon's return policies are pretty good (at least in the US) so depending on how returns are handled in the UK for Amazon it might be low risk.

Regards,
SB

It's out of stock now so I can't look but I suspect that while it was on the Amazon Microsoft Store page, that it was actually a 3rd party price being listed. Amazon will throw in 3rd party sellers on the page when 1st party sellers are out of stock.
The seller page I linked to links to the official Amazon Xbox Store.

I did look at third party options but I've had bad experienced with third party rechargeable battery options and wouldn't risk them again. When the things melts and go back to Amazon, the seller has been delisted. Usually because of melting batteries. Amazon will refund any original cost will not compensate you for any damage caused by the battery. I definitely do not trust Amazon product reviews, they're mostly bullshit and cannot be trusted.

The seller page I linked to links to the official Amazon Xbox Store.

I did look at third party options but I've had bad experienced with third party rechargeable battery options and wouldn't risk them again. When the things melts and go back to Amazon, the seller has been delisted. Usually because of melting batteries. Amazon will refund any original cost will not compensate you for any damage caused by the battery. I definitely do not trust Amazon product reviews, they're mostly bullshit and cannot be trusted.

That's what I'm saying. When the 1st party seller (in this case the Amazon Xbox Store) is out of stock, Amazon will automatically populate the store with the same product sold by 3rd parties. That's why you always have to check to make sure that the seller is the one you think it is. This is how you get Amazon buyers complaining about counterfit Sandisk MicroSD cards on the Amazon Sandisk store.

I always double check to ensure that the seller on a 1st party's storefront is actually that 1st party seller.

As to returns, as long as it is in the Amazon return window (at least for products that are under the Amazon Prime umbrella in the US), then Amazon will accept and honor returns even if the seller you bought it from no longer exists on Amazon. Even in cases where it isn't listed as under the Prime umbrella as long as it is shipped by Amazon, then Amazon will often honor returns although there may be a return fee.

Regards,
SB

DLSS does look a little better than TSR in motion, but TSR looks so much better than FSR that it isn't funny and I really am enjoying playing the game with it on and don't feel like I've lost visuals even if I have. The extra smoothness more than makes up for it, the game ran in the 50-60s for me except sometimes indoors it would dip into the 30s. Now I'm running 70-90 with low dips in the 50-60 range at worst, MUCH better!

I don't care for FSR at all since the image quality loss is so obvious and looks just terrible in motion, but this TSR stuff I can get behind and get excited about! Might let my rig play UE5 games as is until GPU prices get more reasonable. (I want another freaking awesome value card and I'm holding out until there is one again!)

That's what I'm saying. When the 1st party seller (in this case the Amazon Xbox Store) is out of stock, Amazon will automatically populate the store with the same product sold by 3rd parties.
Not quite. In the UK the official [non-Amazon] Microsoft Store is out of stock. Microsoft's official Xbox store on Amazon is selling the same items at a 250% price hike. Under UK consumer laws - because the retailer has legal responsibility for the sale - Amazon cannot and do not substitute one seller for another.

On Amazon UK, Amazon will suggest third party sellers when a particular seller is out of stock but there is a distinct extra click required which makes it clear you are not buying from the seller on the page you originally clicked.

Ghostwire: Tokyo coming to Xbox and Game Pass on April 12th. Features New Spider’s Thread Mode, New Areas, and Much More.

What you Need to Know
  • Xbox Version of Ghostwire: Tokyo coming to Xbox Series Consoles and Windows Store on April 12th
  • Available Day One on Game Pass
  • New Content includes new modes, enemy types, areas, and skills

Ghostwire: Tokyo coming to Xbox and Game Pass on April 12th. Features New Spider’s Thread Mode, New Areas, and Much More.

What you Need to Know
  • Xbox Version of Ghostwire: Tokyo coming to Xbox Series Consoles and Windows Store on April 12th
  • Available Day One on Game Pass
  • New Content includes new modes, enemy types, areas, and skills
too bad I already paid for the game some months ago on Steam. It starts okay then I got bored, but I gotta admit their XeSS implementation (which is the reason I purchased the game in the first place, along with RT) is excellent.

Back