Ghostwire: Tokyo [PS5, XBSX|S, PC, XGP]

What a boring game, audio and gameplay wise.
Visually its a mixed bag but still interesting enough.

I guess those that like ubisoft games will like this tho.

Btw
The dualsense PC support is amazing tho!

Impulse trigger, HD vibrators. All works beautifully.

You also can listen to the audio they funneled to the HD vibrators. Basically, lots of LFE

Last edited:
I like the kitties and puppies. I hate horror games, but I don't hate this one. It's not really a horror game, it's an adventure game based around classic Japanese horror themes, memes, and myths.

I'm not saying it's great, but it's definitely better than I expected.

Yeah, despite being much better than before that's still quite bad in comparison.
I guess. I mean it doesn't impact me. My DualSense battery life is bad next to my Series X controller. But my Series X controller is bad next to my Nintendo Pro controller. My Series X is the only controller that ever runs out of juice mid-game because my DualSense controllers rest in their charging cradle and my Pro controller is always hooked up to the Switch.

I guess. I mean it doesn't impact me. My DualSense battery life is bad next to my Series X controller. But my Series X controller is bad next to my Nintendo Pro controller. My Series X is the only controller that ever runs out of juice mid-game because my DualSense controllers rest in their charging cradle and my Pro controller is always hooked up to the Switch.

That is a nice thing about those charging cradles. I wish the normal Xbox controllers had the cradle-and-charge setup like the Elite V2 controllers have, without having to go with third party chargers.

That is a nice thing about those charging cradles. I wish the normal Xbox controllers had the cradle-and-charge setup like the Elite V2 controllers have, without having to go with third party chargers.
I would love an option of a nascent chargeable Series X controller with USB-C connector. :yes:

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the 'Ubisoft Template' as such. It can go wrong, and be a mess of icons. At it's best, it's a case of "here's a wealth of things to do."

No idea where Ghostwire sits on that scale though.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with the 'Ubisoft Template' as such. It can go wrong, and be a mess of icons. At it's best, it's a case of "here's a wealth of things to do."

No idea where Ghostwire sits on that scale though.
I’ve yet to see it done in a way I wouldn't consider to negatively affect the game.

I’ve yet to see it done in a way I wouldn't consider to negatively affect the game.

Horses for courses and all that, but I'd argue that even in the old style AC games it didn't hurt them that much. The cookie cutter and general receptiveness of activities at those icons did. I think the the 'category' icon they went with in AC Valhalla was a nice way to play it. Find the type of activities you want but it's not entirely explicit.

It's like Gantz Zero and Control had a torrid affair in Ubi land and this was the result. There is a wealth of Japanese lore contained in here though which makes other attempts at creating a world bases on Japanese myth look a little weak sauce.

The approach is pretty formulaic but doesn't put any barriers to play in place because of that.

I think I sort of like it? I keep playing it and wanting to see where the story goes.

That surprised me, I really didn't think I'd enjoy this title but it's got a much stronger story than I expected it to have as well as being an adventure game with some serious theme style and well done voice acting.

I think I sort of like it? I keep playing it and wanting to see where the story goes.

That surprised me, I really didn't think I'd enjoy this title but it's got a much stronger story than I expected it to have as well as being an adventure game with some serious theme style and well done voice acting.

I was the same, when I started playing I was like meh, a very shiny FC|AC game set in Tokyo. But once I'd got passed the gorgeous visuals and got more into the story I really started to enjoy myself. Some of the character design is pretty amazing and the boss fights are manageable without being frustrating.

I guess the repetitive nature of the open world design isn't everyones cup of chai but I do enjoy hoovering up all the collectables etc. Especially to try and power up the bow which is annoyingly feeble!

Back