General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]

So, rumors about a PS5 gameplay reveal event in early June are increasing.

And more people talking about the june event. Hype incresing?

Opera_Zrzut_ekranu_2020-05-17_013334_twitter.com.png

I don’t think we’ll see just one developer showing something. I think Horizon: Zero Dawn sequel could be very likely, considering that they have a very mature and shareable engine, witnessing the Kojima collaboration, so seeing some kind of work from them is certainly possible. Naughty Dog also has two teams, one typically working on Uncharted and another on The Last of Us. I don’t think it is a guarantee that they have something to show, but it’s possible. God of War was a while ago, so that team too might be working on something.

Polyphon Digital have been relatively quiet, but they don’t have a reputation of being early so not expecting much there. A lot of potential for them though as they’ve been experimenting with ray tracing a lot and also their photo mode could translate to photogrammetry very nicely. Also something like the Nurburgring could benefit immensely from progressively loading the track.

Dreams could be relatively easy to upgrade to supporting some PS5 features, from the way it has been designed. I am not too sure about them but I do think the potential for them could be really big if during the early years of the PS5 where you would traditionally have little content they could offer up full support for PS5.

And I am expecting something by the Astrobot team at the very least to show off the new controller much like they did for PS4 with the camera, or for VR.

Then there is a question of existing games getting boosts for PS5, like some games got for the PS4 Pro. It will be interesting to see if we will see some 4k or 60fps or both upgrades.

And for third party, I would imagine that UE3 isn’t the only engine looking to make a new version. Presumably something like Frostbite will also see a new release.

And finally, the Skyrim type of games are probably going to have a much easier time this generation. The question is though whether they will finally update their engine ...

I hope the promised tear down of the PS5 console comes as its own show before this rumored game event. Show the exterior and different outside connections before moving to innards with the infamous cooling solution. The trend now seems to be small showings spread out.

They can present it a week later starting selling and it will still selloff at any price point. No hurry, keep buying and nobody will get hurt.

I hope the promised tear down of the PS5 console comes as its own show before this rumored game event. Show the exterior and different outside connections before moving to innards with the infamous cooling solution. The trend now seems to be small showings spread out.

It will probably come after. The form factor is typically one of the highlights of Sony’s e3 event.

The circle has been closed, Sony pays MS for gaming cloud services, MS pays Sony BR royalties.
Sony having a reliable cloud partner is good for them. Microsoft have another paying client is good for them. You can compete and do business fine, it doesn't all end like Apple and Google or Apple and Samsung or Apple and Intel. Hang on, I'm spotting a trend here. :runaway:

Back