General Next Generation Rumors and Discussions [Post GDC 2020]

Cool, I look forward to seeing 8 more seconds of Godfall :p

Confirm that all first party PS4 games will get a free 4K60 patch for the PS5, and I'm happy.

And hopefully they aren't relying on Assassin's Creed Valhalla to demonstrate gameplay footage...

I reckon we can look forwards to the full range of three colour options for the hardware without the console being shown. Just three large squares of colour - Ninja Black, titanium White, and Midnight Blue. Possibly a three hour talk by Cerny on the cooling explaining the process of selecting the ideal fan.

I just hope that MS's commitment to BC has put some pressure on Sony.
Microsoft have been building on a foundation of backwards/forward compatibility and have this down pat. Sony have not. Frankly, I'm happy to have an b/c at all and to boot with a PS5 version of Pro's 'boost' mode. I still have my fat PS3 around for a few games that I can only play on it - including Infamous 1 and 2.

Microsoft have been building on a foundation of backwards/forward compatibility and have this down pat. Sony have not. Frankly, I'm happy to have an b/c at all and to boot with a PS5 version of Pro's 'boost' mode. I still have my fat PS3 around for a few games that I can only play on it - including Infamous 1 and 2.

Oh absolutely. I'm happy being able to just take my library with me. I'm curious if I'll need to reformat my external HDD though. I don't have any data caps, so it wouldn't be a big deal, just a ball ache.

I seem to recall seeing some leaked hardware test data on this forum about a year ago, indicating that Sony were testing an RDNA1 GPU with a 1.8GHz clockspeed (before the GitHub fiasco.) If that's true, then by the time the PS5 launches, Sony will have had approximately 2 years to patch their first party games to at least make use of a massively overclocked PS4Pro.

Given that which a hobbyist can do that to Bloodborne, I'd hope that Sony would pledge some money to the matter. It's not like MS haven't been quite clear with their focus on BC.

But it is Sony. And expecting people to repurchase wouldn't be surprising. It's easily the thing about them I like the least.

That said, at the start of this generation, I got to download Journey for free because I'd purchased it on my PS3. I think there may have been one or two others too that I can't recall. So maaaaaaybe.

Mostly, I just want God of War in 4K60 so I can defeat the Valkyrie queen. But I'm not paying another £40-£60 for a game I've already (largely) completed.

rumor says they'll deploy a giant PS5 banner during Space X launch later today.

That would be amazing. But a bad omen if the rocket explodes. That banner wouldn't look so great being set ablaze by falling fiery debris and limbs.

And hopefully they aren't relying on Assassin's Creed Valhalla to demonstrate gameplay footage...
Yes but what if they show actual gameplay this time?
Mind. Blown.

How often do you revisit these old games?

Mostly, I just want God of War in 4K60 so I can defeat the Valkyrie queen. But I'm not paying another £40-£60 for a game I've already (largely) completed.
You don't need 4K60 do defeat the Valkyrie queen, you just need practice, some dexterity and the right set of armor / weapon upgrades.

Source: defeated the Valkyrie queen.

You don't need 4K60 do defeat the Valkyrie queen, you just need practice, some dexterity and the right set of armor / weapon upgrades.

Nice! I mostly clocked the whole game, but just ran out of steam or got distracted by something else with 1 Valkyrie and the queen to go. By the time I came back, I was sloppy and didn't stand a chance. So slapping her about is going to have to wait for a new playthrough.

I played most of it on my PS4Pro on the high framerate mode, which was lovely. I then got a 4KTV and the high framerate mode didn't look nearly as good as the high resolution mode. So I'd love both for my next playthrough.

I saw Mark Cerny just platinumed GoW last week, took him long enough maybe he used a ps5.:LOL:

I can't even attempt to platinum that game, I would destroy my controller into the wall.

My God (of War) that would be amazing.

Platinuming it doesn't require hard mode IIRC, so it might be more doable than you'd think :yes:

Do iiiit!

We have some first party rumor, HZD 2, Ratchet and Clank, Demon soul's remake, Silent Hill collaboration between Konami and Sony, and maybe the first AAA Housemarque game (Shuhei Yoshida did a visit to the studio just before Hermen Hulst took his place as head of first party...), Maybe too early the game of the new Sony studio at San Diego.

Yes but what if they show actual gameplay this time?
Mind. Blown.

How often do you revisit these old games?

Just want to squeak in here. With my switch I play the classic nes and super nes 90% of my play time on that system. My pc gaming is mostly 50% Civ 6 , 40% older games (5+ years) and the other 10% are new releases at any given time. I just replayed half life and half life 2 earlier in the year and I'm working through The ultima series again

Back