Gears of War (E3)

geez I forgot how good that was. It will look amazing on an HDTV

make sure you watch past the trailer until Cliffy B starts the demo.

Looks pretty sweet. It looks like they've taken into consideration the exact size of the hole a 12 guage blast to one's sternum would leave relatively accurately.

one said:
Except for the HUD, did it change anything from the clip of the last year? I mean frame rate and character animation were 2 things that were expected to improve for this game IIRC. Or is it particular to the cam quality of this video?

watch the other one

theres a few nice graphics but some that are ps2/xbox quality for example
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2006/128/928234_20060509_screen001.jpg (numbers 1-12)
yet others like this are good
http://i.i.com.com/cnet.g2/images/2005/261/928234_20050919_screen001.jpg (the rest, the older screenshots)
ive got a feeling the first group is actual gameplay screenshot + the second group is with post processing enhancements.
graphically ild say its the greatest letdown from e3 apart from tekken which looks absolutly crap

one said:
I saw IGN clips NBK - Steve posted, it seems the footwork is a bit improved. Frame rate is not very good but I guess the release is a half year away anyway... The outdoor scenes are very cool.
yea those IGN vids were better than the conference feed (same stuff)

I'm waiting for Hi def vids hopefully to really see it.

The LIVE trailer on HDTV looks tons better (obviously)

The game moves very fast. Animation could be smother (frame rate?) but it's definitely improved.

one said:
Except for the HUD, did it change anything from the clip of the last year? I mean frame rate and character animation were 2 things that were expected to improve for this game IIRC. Or is it particular to the cam quality of this video?
I just saw the IGN gameplay videos and i ll agree with Love in Rio that this is probably the best graphics of the show.
Graphics , character animations and physics are improved over the , already amazing , older videos , but on the other hand the framerate sucks! It seems that the game runs between 20-25 fps for the most time.
Anyway they have 5- 6 months to fix it and i hope that they will use wise their time because the fact that amazing graphics is the terminus from next gen games doesnt mean that is also a good excuse for really bad framerates :smile:

Those IGN videos are extremely impressive. It's fun just to sit back and watch those fella's get hammered - a sign of some great game design. Well done CliffyB (and everyone else on the team naturally!).

If you want a real blast from the past, try this. I sure am showing my age!

Looks great! Also seems to run smoother than earlier gameplay movies. Animation could be a little smoother though and AI isn't looking that promising.

Back