Gears of War 2

I'm in for Horde'ing! The best part is you can blame 4 other people for your lack of carrying. This will be fun :)

So far, in the B3D Dream Team of Suckage, we got:
Joshua
Scott
Me
AntShaw
NavNuc

Who else is in?

Wow, I can feel the excitement /sarcasm

So I guess this game is going to die online without anyone playing ;)

Heh, hey I'm excited about the game and I think it looks great. There's just not much to say about it really other than "yay it's coming!" ;)

Oh and count me in (time zones permitting - I'm +11 right now with daylight savings)

I'm in for Horde'ing! The best part is you can blame 4 other people for your lack of carrying. This will be fun :)

Joshua
Scott
Me
AntShaw
NavNuc

Who else is in?

I'll join when the PC version is released. /me runs

If this follows GeoW1's PC-porting route, will you really?

I would. I'm not particularly excited about Gears 2, I have a 360 but I doubt I'll be picking it up even though Gears was very enjoyable.

That said, if a better looking/extra content version were to come to the PC in 12 months for £25 then I would probably pick it up. There's just something about playng a game on a PC thats more enjoyable to me

Sounds like it won't be coming to PC though so I guess I'll just do without!

Joshua
Scott
Me
AntShaw
NavNuc

Who else is in?

go ahead and add me

Im inclined to agree that I would "rather" play the game on pc, but after the abortion that Gears1 was at pc release I simply am not interested in waiting (even though I looks rather obvious that there will be no pc version).

go ahead and add me

Im inclined to agree that I would "rather" play the game on pc, but after the abortion that Gears1 was at pc release I simply am not interested in waiting (even though I looks rather obvious that there will be no pc version).

I'm pretty sure there won't a be a PC version of this one. They seem a bit too sure about it. None of the usual shiftyness is answering questions, just straight out with "no, there will not be a PC version".

Still, I don't get what problems people had witht he orginal PC version. I have both and as far as I can tell its exactly the same aside from slightely better graphics/framerate and additional content. I hear some people had technical issues but I never came across anything like that.

I would. I'm not particularly excited about Gears 2, I have a 360 but I doubt I'll be picking it up even though Gears was very enjoyable.

That said, if a better looking/extra content version were to come to the PC in 12 months for £25 then I would probably pick it up. There's just something about playng a game on a PC thats more enjoyable to me

Sounds like it won't be coming to PC though so I guess I'll just do without!
Same here - I'll be picking it up for the 360 within a few days of launch, but I'd probably pick up the PC version months later if it was available. 60fps (and aniso filtering...) for the win, always - doesn't matter what platform, if a PC version was 30fps and a console was 60fps of a favourite game I wouldn't touch the PC version.

Sadly...isn't going to happen most likely. The first one was a bomb on the PC apparently (gee, wonder why), but GoW2 will be even a bigger hit than GoW1 was on the 360 - what's the incentive to port when Belinksi's biggest daily concern is washing off the stains from rolling in piles of cash/coke/whores every night?

"Gears 1.5" doesn't bother me at all, really. I loved the "feel" of the first game, more of the same but with a slightly move involved storyline is fine by me. Plus I get to rejoin my clan of crazy drunken brits and scots on Live. :)

With a Friday release (Nov. 7th) I think we can actually plan to make this happen as well. I run a frunky schedule but I will try to be on at 9pm EST. And if we get over 5 people we can always do the MP (10 people) :devilish: The cool thing about a game that size (versus say BF2 which I :love: I hope we get a real BF some day) is that it is a bit more personal. Hence there will be no hiding I have never played a Gears game... I am gonna get owned :rolleyes:

Wasn't this exactly the problem? Aka typical console portitis?

It seems like PC gamers automatically cop an attitude towards any game being ported from consoles, regardless whether the game is good or not. I hear them use the term "consolitis" quite often, even before a game is released. Sometimes, it seems like the fact that a game is a console port is all that is necessary for them to form their opinion.

In any case, PC gamers aren't doing themselves any favors by avoiding console-ported games. I'm fairly sure that UT3 and Gears tanking on the PC is what prompted Epic to forgo a Gears 2 PC port. Hell, rumor is even Crytek is looking more closely at consoles.

It seems like PC gamers automatically cop an attitude towards any game being ported from consoles, regardless whether the game is good or not. I hear them use the term "consolitis" quite often, even before a game is released. Sometimes, it seems like the fact that a game is a console port is all that is necessary for them to form their opinion.

It doesn't help that some (many? most?) ports are really very bad. There are console ports out there that don't even have mouse support.

In any case, PC gamers aren't doing themselves any favors by avoiding console-ported games. I'm fairly sure that UT3 and Gears tanking on the PC is what prompted Epic to forgo a Gears 2 PC port. Hell, rumor is even Crytek is looking more closely at consoles.

It doesn't help that the publisher is at odds with its own GFW platform.
I don't think it's a rumor, I think Crytek already said that Warhead is the last PC-only release of theirs. But it's a bind, isn't it? Either accept poor console ports (UI designed for consoles, extremely high requirements for little return) or play no games at all. This is all OT though.

If this follows GeoW1's PC-porting route, will you really?

The only thing I didn't like about GoWPC was getting it a full year after the xbox version and not have the split-screen COOP mode. I've never had a problem with the G4WLive and my saves only disappeared twice (heh) so, overall, it wasn't that far removed from normal PC game experience when it comes to bugs. It was a cheaper game even at launch price than normal and I did enjoy the game quite a bit; it wasn't "ZOMG this is the pinnacle of gameplay" like some GoW fans seem to think but it was a fairly enjoyable game, I thought. So yes, I would pick up GoW2 PC if it followed the original's.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gears-of-war-2

NeoGaf member currently running live stream.

That stream isn't working for me. It doesn't play. Does it play only when it is being streamed live?

BTW, I hope they do a PC port. I am not a die hard fan after playing GEoW on PC, for me the gameplay had revealed everything it had in the first 1 hour, after that it was rinse and repeat, but I do the love the art and the mood of the game and wish to experience it.

Damn the piracy ! Finally the PC games have become cheap enough for people to buy here, but now they don't want to make games for PC :devilish: !

That stream isn't working for me. It doesn't play. Does it play only when it is being streamed live?

BTW, I hope they do a PC port. I am not a die hard fan after playing GEoW on PC, for me the gameplay had revealed everything it had in the first 1 hour, after that it was rinse and repeat, but I do the love the art and the mood of the game and wish to experience it.

Damn the piracy ! Finally the PC games have become cheap enough for people to buy here, but now they don't want to make games for PC :devilish: !

Yes, was streamed on Saturday, you didnt really miss much as the quality was pretty pi$$ poor.

Back