Your top 5 games of all time?

it was a different game, compared to C&C's and the Crafts, Total Annihilation's and Myths.

Looking back, sort of sad to see that entire genre just drop off entirely, MOBAs have completely dominated the hell of out RTS.

I agree.
AoE was just a different type of Strategy game. I think because it was much more based on in-game information & predictions. I remember studying the Nations charts and developing strategies & theories for each of them. Then, trying those strats out in 6 player FFA, etc. Fine tuning or learning from it. More than a thousand games played.

The new Age of Empires Definitive Edition in 4k.. is looking to be true to it's origins. I found a forum here discussing it, unfortunately I am rather new to this community and unable to link you to that exact forum. In PC games forum.

..might have to rethink my list. Those early Sierra games were awesome, not just Space Quest but Kings Quest and I loved the Black Cauldron as well.

heh, this scene I was like, this is sooo wicked.

Games were so much more complicated back then. It's actually quite funny how streamlined games are today. One of these games is going to call out to someone on this thread ;) Syndicate is definitely an honourable mention. I totally forgot about it, but this game was ace.

Last edited:
Back