Gears of War 2

I solo'd Gears insane all the way upto RAAM and had to give up on RAAM :(

I dont see whats so hard about Raam on insane (sure it's hard and you will die many times but..)

Generally stick with lancer, hit him when you can, when he comes up to the barricade, you can really work on him with blind fire, then hurdle and run to the barricade on the other side, repeat..

I dont know, most people complain about Raam on insane, but to me there are a couple of other points in the game on insane solo that are much harder (that part where the wretches drop in in the cave etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
personally I believe any non ingame screenshots should be marked as such, otherwise its deception, false advertising.
OK previously I thought ok for higher resolution/AA is acceptable for print media, but now I think, why? todays games 'should' be running at high enuf resolution that this isnt as necessary as it once was.

Sadly that still is very common nowdays. Either its downscaled images from default resolution or huge resolutions and/or photoshoping. And its till will be common in the future, post card size images always look so much better than native res. ;)

Anyone remember the environmental destruction demo they showed in the GOW2 "unreal engine 3.5" video?

Just wondering if any of that has actually being implemented in GOW2? Also stuff like the "meat cube" and Dynamic fuild.

Anyone remember the environmental destruction demo they showed in the GOW2 "unreal engine 3.5" video?

Just wondering if any of that has actually being implemented in GOW2? Also stuff like the "meat cube" and Dynamic fuild.

The destruction stuff, yeah somewhat. I've seen pieces being chipped off pillars and whatnot. Also, seen some nice chunks of concrete coming off walls and barricades in multiplayer because of grenades.

The destruction stuff, yeah somewhat. I've seen pieces being chipped off pillars and whatnot. Also, seen some nice chunks of concrete coming off walls and barricades in multiplayer because of grenades.

I think the gibbed limbs are meaty like that meat blob in the tech demo. And there are clips where there a huge number of guys on screen, though they're all AI free. Can't remember what else there was.

Wow, I can feel the excitement /sarcasm

So I guess this game is going to die online without anyone playing ;)

I think the game will probably sell millions again ... it's just us snobs here that don't care about it, I guess. ;) Or it's just like a really good burger, you eat it but don't wax lyrical about it ... I guess we'll see when the game is out whether or not it does something really cool technically or gameplay wise that will bring discussions of it back up ... The press-buzz about this game is very good so far, people seem to love it.

Wow, I can feel the excitement /sarcasm

So I guess this game is going to die online without anyone playing ;)

The best selling game of 08 will speak for itself :D I tried to play Gears 1 last night after about a year and man, talk about sucking :(

After playing CoD4 and going to Gear1, it's was a huge difference how much nicer Gears looked (to me, on my set). Can't wait for Gears 2.

RobertR1, we are going to have to get in one of those "up to 8 people" Live party rooms and do some serious HORDE action. Lets see what other B3D rift raft (NavNuc, I am talkin' about you) we can draaag in :p

I think the interesting thing about Gears 2 is they announced a ton of the features and such months ago, and the game is quite progressive for a sequal. My observation has been is most Gears gamers liked the first and the second a) addresses many of the shortcomings and b) adds a slew of stuff to the solid core, so it is a no-brainer day-1 purchase.

RobertR1, we are going to have to get in one of those "up to 8 people" Live party rooms and do some serious HORDE action. Lets see what other B3D rift raft (NavNuc, I am talkin' about you) we can draaag in :p

I think the interesting thing about Gears 2 is they announced a ton of the features and such months ago, and the game is quite progressive for a sequal. My observation has been is most Gears gamers liked the first and the second a) addresses many of the shortcomings and b) adds a slew of stuff to the solid core, so it is a no-brainer day-1 purchase.

I'm in for the Horde hunting...We have to get past 27 which was all Cliffy B could.

And yes. No Brainer Day 1 purchase...and one of the main reasons I am going to re-purchase a 360 after have 3 fail.

Back