GamesCom 2012

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Missed one bit when my connection got lost, but while I had fairly big expectations going in, Sony exceeded them significantly. 5 completely new games, among which a brand new Vita exclusive title from Media Molecule ... Even Wonderbook looked much stronger this time, and the Walking with Dinonaurs announcement basically means I'll have to get it, but support from Disney is great too and I also saw some great other concepts. And I see the potential here for a smooth transition of this into next-gen definitely.

Also Red Dead Redemption as the September Playstation Plus free download is great too, haven't played it yet.

Yep, many worry about that one. Personally haven't touched a single CoD title, ever. Killzone looked interesting though, fortunately.

Great panel on right now by the way, about games as art.

Puppeteer and Tearaway looked absolutely magical. I also liked that "Rain" game and, conceptually at least, "Until Dawn". A cheesy slasher game seems like a natural fit for that dumb-ass waggle stick. Killzone on the Vita was also quite a stunner. CoD looked kinda crap, but it's not like I ever gave a damn about it anyway. Pretty strong showing overall.

All right, I'm off to the show floor. Will report back on what I've seen tonight! Hopefully with lots of nice pictures and movies. If you want to ask me something, ArwinB3D is my twitter account. I generally don't tweet much, but in bandwidth starved circumstances at the show-floor it might be useful. ;)

Arwin said:
All right, I'm off to the show floor. Will report back on what I've seen tonight! Hopefully with lots of nice pictures and movies. If you want to ask me something, ArwinB3D is my twitter account. I generally don't tweet much, but in bandwidth starved circumstances at the show-floor it might be useful. ;)

Have fun...unfortunately I have a bussiness trip till Friday, and I know Saturday is pure chaos, so no GC for me this year :(

Got back, and I got to play a tonne of games (and shake one's hand :) ) but man, even on a press day it gets surprisingly busy, and there are 30-60 minute waits for the bigger games that are shown behind closed doors (which is far too many, again, because of the stupid 18+ limit). I didn't feel like waiting for any of them, to be honest, because they get enough airplay anyway and most of them you can easily imagine how they'll play from videos, so it felt like an ill investment of my time.

Sony had pretty much everything on the show floor except the new titles announced yesterday (a shame, but understandable - they'd never been able to keep them a secret otherwise), and the Call of Duty, and Most Wanted Vita versions (the latter which is apparently being made by Criterion themselves by the way, which would be great).

Played almost everything Vita and have quite a lot of videos and pictures to show for it. Also played a lot of the Playstation 3 stuff, except the Last of Us (some of the biggest lines of the show, even on press day).

I hoped for it, and indeed, Wii U was also there in the Ubisoft booth, so I got a good impression on that. Long story short: Ubisoft has some great titles (Rayman Legens in particular looked great, and it was clearly a big hit with players), and it is cool to see so many games that use a big color palette. ;)

Will post links later when things go up, in their respective threads.

Arwin said:
Got back, and I got to play a tonne of games (and shake one's hand :) ) but man, even on a press day it gets surprisingly busy, and there are 30-60 minute waits for the bigger games that are shown behind closed doors (which is far too many, again, because of the stupid 18+ limit). I didn't feel like waiting for any of them, to be honest, because they get enough airplay anyway and most of them you can easily imagine how they'll play from videos, so it felt like an ill investment of my time.

Sony had pretty much everything on the show floor except the new titles announced yesterday (a shame, but understandable - they'd never been able to keep them a secret otherwise), and the Call of Duty, and Most Wanted Vita versions (the latter which is apparently being made by Criterion themselves by the way, which would be great).

Played almost everything Vita and have quite a lot of videos and pictures to show for it. Also played a lot of the Playstation 3 stuff, except the Last of Us (some of the biggest lines of the show, even on press day).

I hoped for it, and indeed, Wii U was also there in the Ubisoft booth, so I got a good impression on that. Long story short: Ubisoft has some great titles (Rayman Legens in particular looked great, and it was clearly a big hit with players), and it is cool to see so many games that use a big color palette. ;)

Will post links later when things go up, in their respective threads.

Thanks for the infos...hope you get chance for the last of us...

Great pics Arwin!

Were there many new Vita games playable?

Yeah, for me quite a lot of games I hadn't tried yet, such as AC3: Liberation, Guacamelee, StreetFighter x Tekken, Smart As (which has changed so much it looks like a new game), All Stars, Sly Cooper 4, six or so PS Mobile titles ... LBP was there too but it wasn't the preview version that went to press recently, but stuff I'd already tried in the beta, so it wasn't new for me. Many of the other games were playable on the show floor as well, so I think they easily had 30 titles playable overall.

The new titles announced in the press conference on the 14th weren't there though.

Maybe if everything works out with one and nightshade catching a train to Aachen, we'll get another better opportunity for a picture. ;)

How would you compare AC3 Liberation to Uncharted GA graphically, the AC3 screens I've seen so far look amazing.

Also, any standout PS Mobile titles?

Well, I think Liberation is great, and as it is native res and has some great textures as welll, I think it's got the edge on Uncharted actually.

Back