Gabe's comments about the X800

Testiculus Giganticus said:
Mmm, I wonder what the reaction would be, if someone like Tim Sweeney, the "other camp`s" appointed cheerleader were to come out and say something similar the other way around?Probably, many here would say it is crap, and that it could be possible only in very specific scenarios etc.-why all of a sudden Newell is the most trustworthy expert and performance qualifier around?The x800 shall have an advantage, but 40%?probably compared to a 9800pro, certainly not to a 6800

I think we're about to find out ;)

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12288

Mark

I wouldn't bother taking anything either Gabe or Tim said about either ATI or nVidia seriously since I we know they are taking considerable donations from the camps they wave the flags for.

Yes, it sounds like a replay of last year :/
- game is due this summer.
- striders demo (video not gameplay).
- our game runs better on ati's hardware.

The problem of course is that the longer it goes on the more critical people get when it does arrive. A good example of this was ( and pardon the spelling ) Daikatana.Things had moved on and so it got slated.

DNF I think went from a Quake to an Unreal engine and that scuppored it in hindsite.. I guess they are still chasing the latest engine

Back