From the Rumor Mill: X360 Production Stopped Relaunch In February

Guden Oden said:
Oh really? Coz from where I'm sitting, I can't for my life imagine what it is you're talking about. Poo-pooing has been at least 3x worse on PS3/cell compared to anything associated with MS/360.

wow, you can't imagine. have you not been watching, reading and listening to the media lately? Its not hard to come across one of thsoe articles as lysander found very quickly. I don't see any such articles for PS3. not only that I've seen people on TV saying the most idiotic things about the system.

Sheesh, like there hasn't been AT LEAST as many for nintendo (and most certainly more). And yes, people have said they won't buy PS3 too.

Before Game cube launched there was nothing of the sort. Nintendo didn't have any negative press at all. I'm talking about "pre" launch press, not over the life of the console! Sure, ninetndo has had negative press, but for many different reasons. To be honest I don't see why you brought nintendo into the argument anyway. I was talking about PS3 and Xbox 360.

My take on it is MS has received an incredible amount of goodwill and enthusiasm in the press AND online. People have generally been very enthusiastic and optimistic regarding x360, frankly I've no idea WTF it is you're going on about.

I honestly don't think you've been following this launch closely, since you obviously haven't seen what others here have. I'm bitching and whinning now? I made a post saying what I saw, WTF is your problem? You know what guden, if you want to act like a complete jerk to somebody, you've picked the wrong person! That's my JOB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think he is particular about picking anybody in general,

As far as the launch goes, I don't think MS was quite prepared for the demand they are finding. There is no evidence to support anything near a failure rate that would bring production to a hault.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sean*O said:
As far as the launch goes, I don't think MS was quite prepared for the demand they are finding.
Weren't preorders filled in like June or May? MS knows like the rest of us they could easily sell some 2 million units if they had them available. There's no way demand took them by surprise. They knew there'd be shortages, and there always are and always will be on new hardware when the production lines are in their infancy. Except maybe for Gizmondo...

It's pretty simple, the production didn't ramp up as quickly as they had hoped for. That's really all there is to it.

So, initial shipments were lower than promised, but if they say they are still on track for 3mill then we can assume things are now running up to expectations.

Nerve-Damage said:
Ah ha, a console version of Futuremarks “3D Markâ€￾ program. That would display all the technical information of the game system and performance (benchmarking). Man that would be awesome to see PS3, Xbox 360, and Revolution benchmarking scores. The new program will be tailored for each system specialized CPU, GPU, ECT…hardware.

“3D Marks Console 2006 Editionâ€￾ :cool:

Yeah right, and any performance differences will be endlessly debated that one is optimized more than the other. In the end, you really can't please everyone.

my buddy at eb got the call today , more units friday or monday , no idea how many . Got the call from the main office today

Back