Forum Software Change!

I'll be mucking about with the group permissions model and the group promotions stuff over the next couple of hours, so don't be alarmed if you find yourself unable to do what you can usually do (or you're able to do way more!). I'll write a summary post at the end that outlines what I've changed and how it works.

fnyGzlh.png

sorry i cannot edit my post

that spoiler is for dark, while this spoiler is for easier to read "quote"
14wUW7n.png

.bbCodeQuote .quoteContainer {
overflow: hidden;
position: relative;
/* font-style: italic; */
font-size: 10pt;
background-color: rgb(248,251,253);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-position: top;
padding: 8px;
border-left: 2px solid rgb(58,101,129);
color: black;
}

Can we get full width? Can the forum not punish me for turning off javascript by increasing the vertical spacing? (It almost feels intentional ... what, you don't like my pretty floating bar, well fuck you then, I'm just going to add empty space any where to still give you the same shitty information density so there.)

Sorry forget I said anything, it was the beyond3d style screwing it up ... the default style looks a lot better.

I've turned off the sticky top bars and made it as wide as your browser can go, in the Beyond3D theme. I'll have a look at tweaks for information density at some point in the near future.

I've implemented a set of new usergroups, and some of them have edit powers for their own posts, so the Edit control should be showing up for those in the right usergroup now.

Wow, I feel like connecting to a brand new community, lots of great options, nostalgia is there but nostalgia be damned :)

Great job Rys and the team.

You should be able to have sticky bar as well as full width (up to max width specified). There should be an option in ui.x for that. Don't think that's limited to my quark/anti-quark themes.

Is there a way to search by posts instead of threads with the new software?

Do you mean by posts, excluding thread titles? Looks like the current options is either "posts and titles" or "just titles".

Do you mean by posts, excluding thread titles? Looks like the current options is either "posts and titles" or "just titles".
I mean to search and have it show posts with matches directly instead of just showing threads containing the posts.

Oh I think I figured it out. I think it actually might be doing it by default and I'm just blind. :)

Back